Port Errors

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Being There
New User
New User

Port Errors

Post by Being There »

Greetings,

I've tried repeatedly to solve this 'port errors' issue without success.
I've forwarded the router, have no firewall. But nothing I've tried clears the issue.

I've also discovered that if a torrent does connect, transmission speed may quickly degrade.
I've discovered through trial and error, that quitting the app and restarting can solve the problem.

I'm including screenshots of the router settings and the Deluge networking options. Hopefully, if anyone notices a mistake in these settings they will bring it to my attention.
Attachments
Router Settings
Router Settings
Screenshot from 2022-12-29 21-21-20.png (156.05 KiB) Viewed 3196 times
Deluge Settings
Deluge Settings
Screenshot from 2022-12-29 21-27-49.png (102.63 KiB) Viewed 3196 times
Firewall Status
Firewall Status
Screenshot from 2022-12-29 21-29-04.png (83.35 KiB) Viewed 3196 times
ambipro

Re: Port Errors

Post by ambipro »

Have you tried running another service on that port and seeing if it is accessible from the outside to see if there isn't something else blocking this? I assume you have other ports forwarded with this template without issue? If so, maybe try disabling one of those services and selecting those ports for deluge and seeing if it works on those known working open ports?

On a side note, the ports issue shouldn't really effect download speeds...only your ability to seed back a torrent. Try downloading a linux iso torrent and see if the speed degrades, if so I think that issue may be completely seperate from this one.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

Linux Mint 21.1 64bit .torrent to test - https://linuxmint.com/torrents/linuxmin ... so.torrent

edit: I just noticed your outgoing port was possibly conflicting with your incoming, you shouldn't use the same ports for outgoing as incoming. and you don't need to forward your outgoing ports, just forward 90, and you can use random for outgoing assuming you have no reason to specify...but using the same could cause issues.
Being There
New User
New User

Re: Port Errors

Post by Being There »

I made outgoing random. It doesn't clear the error but can't hurt. Definitely seeing that downloads stall when first submitted. They may ultimately start working but if I quit the app and restart they kick in almost immediately.