Help needed

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Mixmeister
New User
New User

Help needed

Post by Mixmeister »

Hi.... Help needed, deluge dont grap/download from dwatch all of the sudden, in one of my server, the files are seen and saved in autodl in rutorrent ?
ambipro

Re: Help needed

Post by ambipro »

I assume based on your post that you are using linux distro of some sort, and that you made no changes to your configuration that you can think of?

A few steps to try..

Assuming you are using the AutoAdd plugin, try removing the path from AutoAdd, hit Apply, then OK, Reopen Preferences, unload AutoAdd in the Plugins section of deluge, exit deluge, and restart and reenable the plugin and add the path back, then check if torrent files are detected. I've done this in the past and it worked, strangely.

Secondly, there might be some permission problems preventing whatever user deluge is running under from accessing this directory or torrent files, you should know what user is running deluge, but you can check with 'ps aux' as root if necessary/available, and the owner of the .torrent files with 'ls -al'...

I beleive you can also switch to the user running deluge (use 'su') and use any command to access them to see if permissions are valid...(example: 'cat file.torrent' to see if you can read the torrent files or 'touch /download/autoadd-location/file.test' to see if you can create/access that folder as that user)

I think it's likely the first suggestion will work, I had autoadd stop working randomly at one point and that was fixed by doing that, but if not I'd go down the second route and see what you can find...alternatively, have you tried rebooting? lol

Happy New Year. Let me know how it goes.
Mixmeister
New User
New User

Post by Mixmeister »

Hi... I will give it a try, i did not make any changes at all, the same settings on my other seedbox, no problem there, the only difference is the vision og deluge.thw one with problem is the new one ๐Ÿ˜€
Mixmeister
New User
New User

Post by Mixmeister »

ambipro wrote: โ†‘Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:50 pm I assume based on your post that you are using linux distro of some sort, and that you made no changes to your configuration that you can think of?

A few steps to try..

Assuming you are using the AutoAdd plugin, try removing the path from AutoAdd, hit Apply, then OK, Reopen Preferences, unload AutoAdd in the Plugins section of deluge, exit deluge, and restart and reenable the plugin and add the path back, then check if torrent files are detected. I've done this in the past and it

worked, strangely.

Secondly, there might be some permission problems preventing whatever user deluge is running under from accessing this directory or torrent files, you should know what user is running deluge, but you can check with 'ps aux' as root if necessary/available, and the owner of the .torrent files with 'ls -al'...

I beleive you can also switch to the user running deluge (use 'su') and use any command to access them to see if permissions are valid...(example: 'cat file.torrent' to see if you can read the torrent files or 'touch /download/autoadd-location/file.test' to see if you can create/access that folder as that user)

I think it's likely the first suggestion will work, I had autoadd stop working randomly at one point and that was fixed by doing that, but if not I'd go down the second route and see what you can find...alternatively, have you tried rebooting? lol

Happy New Year. Let me know how it goes.
Hi... So i did the first think you said, and all the none download torrent was loaded, but the problem is still there. Its still dont download the new ones, hmm
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

Mixmeister wrote: โ†‘Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:40 am Hi... So i did the first think you said, and all the none download torrent was loaded, but the problem is still there. Its still dont download the new ones, hmm
So you're saying that upon initially loading it loaded the torrent files in the autoadd directory, but when new torrent files are added it doesn't add them to deluge?
Mixmeister
New User
New User

Post by Mixmeister »

ambipro wrote: โ†‘Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:57 pm
Mixmeister wrote: โ†‘Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:40 am Hi... So i did the first think you said, and all the none download torrent was loaded, but the problem is still there. Its still dont download the new ones, hmm
So you're saying that upon initially loading it loaded the torrent files in the autoadd directory, but when new torrent files are added it doesn't add them to deluge?
Yes, but if i Click on autoadd and edit/ok/safe. Then it loads the new torrents again, hmm.... This is on deluge 2.03, the other server is deluge 1.3.15 no problem there... same seedbox service
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

Sounds like deluge is not being notified of changes to the directory, I had this problem when I was using a virtual drivepool.

Since you said you haven't changed your configuration and rutorrent is working fine with the same directory (I assume), I'm tempted to think that this once again may rest with a permission/user issue, although I'm not entirely sure what permission issue it could be...since it obviously has the appropriate read permissions (loading the files when initialized)

Does deluge run under the same user as rutorrent? Could you possibly test that if not? Could you try it as root? If neither work could you try using a directory on another native/baremetal drive (a drive that is not virtual/symlink/networked/etc)

Sorry for all the testing but narrowing down where the actual problem lies, since it is 99% not a code problem (as this hasn't been mentioned previously by others) is just a process.
Mixmeister
New User
New User

Post by Mixmeister »

ambipro wrote: โ†‘Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:52 pm Sounds like deluge is not being notified of changes to the directory, I had this problem when I was using a virtual drivepool.

Since you said you haven't changed your configuration and rutorrent is working fine with the same directory (I assume), I'm tempted to think that this once again may rest with a permission/user issue, although I'm not entirely sure what permission issue it could be...since it obviously has the appropriate read permissions (loading the files when initialized)

Does deluge run under the same user as rutorrent? Could you possibly test that if not? Could you try it as root? If neither work could you try using a directory on another native/baremetal drive (a drive that is not virtual/symlink/networked/etc)

Sorry for all the testing but narrowing down where the actual problem lies, since it is 99% not a code problem (as this hasn't been mentioned previously by others) is just a process.
Its the same user, i dont know how to make those test. I know how to ssh in to swizzin, that about it ๐Ÿ˜€
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

Mixmeister wrote: โ†‘Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:15 pm Its the same user, i dont know how to make those test. I know how to ssh in to swizzin, that about it ๐Ÿ˜€
To switch to root user you'd either type 'sudo su' if your user has sudo access (would be listed in /etc/sudoers ( https://www.linuxfoundation.org/blog/bl ... doers-file )) or just simply 'su' and type your root password. I assume this box is yours and you have root access, of course, you can then run deluge-console or something and see how it behaves.

When I mentioned trying another directory that's native/bare-metal that should be easy enough, typically a directory in /home/user of the user or something should be fine. If this is already the case, I'd suggest just making another directory in another location and adding it to the AutoAdd and seeing if it behaves this way as well for sanity's sake.
Mixmeister
New User
New User

Post by Mixmeister »

ambipro wrote: โ†‘Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:49 pm
Mixmeister wrote: โ†‘Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:15 pm Its the same user, i dont know how to make those test. I know how to ssh in to swizzin, that about it ๐Ÿ˜€
To switch to root user you'd either type 'sudo su' if your user has sudo access (would be listed in /etc/sudoers ( https://www.linuxfoundation.org/blog/bl ... doers-file )) or just simply 'su' and type your root password. I assume this box is yours and you have root access, of course, you can then run deluge-console or something and see how it behaves.

When I mentioned trying another directory that's native/bare-metal that should be easy enough, typically a directory in /home/user of the user or something should be fine. If this is already the case, I'd suggest just making another directory in another location and adding it to the AutoAdd and seeing if it behaves this way as well for sanity's sake.
so thers no log file in deluge ?