torrents.fastresume

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
lvm
Seeder
Seeder

torrents.fastresume

Post by lvm »

Is it safe not to back up torrents.fastresume file? Can deluge re-create it if needed, or is it essential? The problem is that it is over a quarter of gigabyte on my system and is a major part of my daily incremental backup. I also noticed that after I removed some seeded torrents torrents.state (a much smaller file) shrank, but torrents.fastresume didn't even after it was re-created. Is this normal?
ambipro

Re: torrents.fastresume

Post by ambipro »

It seems odd to me that your torrents.fastresume is so large, I have well over 650 actively seeding torrents in deluge 2.1.1, decenty large torrents, and have had many more before. My fastresume file is less than 2.3MB currently.

What you might try doing, is closing deluge, backup the ENTIRE current /state/ folder, deleting fastresume ONLY in the active profile and relaunching and seeing if that recreates it in a more compact/efficient form. I'm not sure if this will work, it's just a guess. If it fails to launch or load torrents or anything, simply close deluge again and copy the backup of /state/ back over.

I'm only guessing, but I think it may be used to store information about which files INSIDE torrents are downloaded along with torrent status, so if you chose to only partially download files it could grow, I don't do this so I'm not sure.

I guess my question is do you select specific files in your torrents to download/skip? How many torrents are you seeding? Any partially seeding?

If so this process could screw those settings up, but as I said I'm guessing at fastresume's purpose only, and as long as you backup /state/ beforehand your risk is pretty much zero.
clariceziegler
New User
New User

Post by clariceziegler »

I think this may not work.
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

clariceziegler wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:06 am I think this may not work.
Uh, what?

Care to clarify what you're referring to?
nimer

Post by nimer »

ambipro wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:05 pm It seems odd to me that your torrents.fastresume is so large, I have well over 650 actively seeding torrents in deluge 2.1.1, decenty large torrents, and have had many more before. My fastresume file is less than 2.3MB currently.

What you might try doing, is closing deluge, backup the ENTIRE current /state/ folder, deleting fastresume ONLY in the active profile and relaunching and seeing if that recreates it in a more compact/efficient form. I'm not sure if this will work, it's just a guess. If it fails to launch or load torrents or anything, simply close deluge again and copy the backup of /state/ back over.

I'm only guessing, but I think it may be used to store information about which files INSIDE torrents are downloaded along with torrent status, so if you chose to only partially download files it could grow, I don't do this so I'm not sure.

I guess my question is do you select specific files in your torrents to download/skip? How many torrents are you seeding? Any partially seeding?

If so this process could screw those settings up, but as I said I'm guessing at fastresume's purpose only, and as long as you backup /state/ beforehand your risk is pretty much zero.
for an extreme example, i'm sitting on 8647 active downloaded seeding torrents. about 70TB total and my fast resume is 50.2MB. - Deluge 2.1.1 LibTorrent 2.0.6.0