Problem when changing download folder

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Menard
Leecher
Leecher

Problem when changing download folder

Post by Menard »

Here for example I do this an fail

1 - When Deluge was off, the download folder of a torrent was moved on another partition
2 - I start Deluge and move the corresponding download folder to the new place where the folder was moved
Then I verify the place displayed in the column is the right one and I execute re-check, but then all files listed by Deluge are in 0% state

:!:
:?:
ambipro

Re: Problem when changing download folder

Post by ambipro »

If your torrent was listed as "Error" when relaunching deluge, the torrent status was likely stopped/paused. I'm not positive about this but recently had a similar situation after a drivepool was rebuilt.

A few things to try and questions..

When you selected recheck, did it recheck anything?

Have you tried selecting Resume? Whether the torrent is stuck at 0% or the torrent finds the files, if it is _NOT_ paused, it should check, find no files and redownload if it is not paused, alternatively if it is paused, selecting rechecked while paused will do nothing until it is resumed (this sounds like the case)

I'm not sure the behavior, but if you select Open Download Folder does it go to the correct folder and show the files?
Menard
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Menard »

In fact I examined more precisely and in the moving process the selected folder was a subfolder in the wished one so that it considered it as empty
so it is my fault. But I consider there is some weird thing in the feature to select a new download folder that makes not clear what we exactly do, it is a repeated problem
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

In the future when moving your download folders in Deluge, you can either browse through your file system with the 📁 icon to the left of the path text box (shouldn't be confusing this way) or select the ↓ on the right side and chose/manage preset paths, finally, you can enter a path manually in the text box.

Deluge pretty much told you that the files weren't there with the 0%, and when you "Open Download Folder" it should have taken you directly to this incorrect folder...I suggested you check the path this way, seemed likely.

Not sure what part deluge is playing to cause this repeated problem, can you elaborate? It sounds like you are accidentally/mistakenly entering the wrong path and are expecting deluge to somehow predict or fix it for you? Do you have any examples (other torrent applications or anything) of how you think it SHOULD act?

Keep in mind, the point of moving the download folder might not always be to point it at files that are already downloaded but to change the path of the download directory before or mid-download, so assuming the files will be there wouldn't be an entirely valid theory, unfortunately.

Hope some of this helped, though.
Menard
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Menard »

I understand what you mean but what I can answer is that in the past with µTorrent I never had such problems for long years
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

I don't know what you expect, not every torrent program acts the same. uTorrent might have been "good" back in 2.2.x days, but it hasn't been good in nearly 15 years.

I'm unclear on what the issue is after the description of how moving download directories work and the way you would be able to accomplish what you are trying to do...You can accomplish what you are trying to do, you just have to do it a specific way. The fact that uTorrent did it a certain way does not mean every program must do it the same way, unfortunately.

If that were the case, all torrent programs would be riddled with adware/malware and complete crap now, so thank god for that.