My Torrents content is not loaded now

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Menard
Leecher
Leecher

My Torrents content is not loaded now

Post by Menard »

My Torrents content is not loaded when the application starts, though all torrents file are in the folder in /config/deluge/state so that I can say that it was not reseted
I tried to fix this by uninstalling and the re-installing the app, but that failed
What solution ?

NB : it is version 2.0.3 for Linux, nothing changed on my Linux

Another problem is that it writes : "only thin client mode is available due to unknown import error" but I don't know what I had before ...
ambipro

Re: My Torrents content is not loaded now

Post by ambipro »

The .torrent files being present may provide you with a manual means of "reimporting" your torrents, but the file you're looking for is the actual "state" file...torrents.state and torrents.fastresume, there should be backup files, however after multiple restarts of the client and reinstalls its unlikely these backups will be relevant to you restoring the state of your client.

Here's a bit of a rant/suggestion if no other options are available...hopefully this reads coherantly enough to help you a bit.

FIRST make a backup of your current profile folder (/config/deluge) before ANYTHING else. Then, if you are having errors starting deluge, you can delete the entire deluge profile, you've backed up settings so if you want to restore them replace them after restarting deluge to create the new profile and then exiting, then relaunch with your setting files copied back over (only the appropriate .conf, not the entire deluge folder) to the profile and drag all the .torrent files in the backed up state folder into deluge.

Rechecking is up to you, you can choose to skip hash check if you want, I probably would. Select it and hit "Apply to all" if so. if you then need to select specific directories for the torrent data for each torrent, do so after that.

The directories may take a while to sort out, I had almost 700 torrents on a drivepool need readding after rebuilding and it took me a while, but had to be done. It is what it is.

Good luck...I back up my deluge profile every week, I suggest you write a script or something to do the same if you don't want to have to go through this ever again :)
Menard
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Menard »

OK, thanks, notice that I ve just checked from another user account from which I had never started Deluge, and I have the same error, it doesn't want to start as standalone, only in thin client, and it starts normally then

Notice that it perhaps happened when I had 0 bytes left in /home ... and I closed it like this, perhaps it is the cause of this event, I ve been using Deluge for a long time with never such problem

Do you know where the information as "which files are selected for download for each torrent" is stored ?
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

I'm not positive, but I'd imagine that all that information is kept in the .state and .fastresume files along with location and other relevant torrent data when deluge starts.
Menard
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Menard »

Finally I ve found the solution to fix this

/home/user/.config/deluge/
Delete all content except these 2 folders :

/home/user/.config/deluge/archive
Identify the last valid archive, extract and copy the files torrents.fastresume and torrents.state

/home/user/.config/deluge/state
Paste these files in this folder in place of the former ones

Start Deluge

I forgot : don't let torrent files in /state newer than the date of the 2 files restored

NB : the error message at startup was the consequence of an error I made, I re-installed Deluge using sudo apt install deluge-gtk as it is sudo apt install deluge