Deluge 2.0.3 completely ignores my upload speed limit

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
ricecrispies
New User
New User

Deluge 2.0.3 completely ignores my upload speed limit

Post by ricecrispies »

Deluge 2.0.3 (running on Ubuntu), completely ignores my upload speed limit. For instance, I currently have my upload speed limit set to 400 kiB/s, but quite often I see uploads going at 1MiB/s or faster. How can I enforce my speed limit?
ambipro

Re: Deluge 2.0.3 completely ignores my upload speed limit

Post by ambipro »

I know this might not be a solution, but out of curiosity is this happening with a global limit set in the "Bandwidth" section of preferences, or when you right-click and go to "Options->Upload Speed Limit" and set a limit for that torrent specifically (Keep in mind that limit will only be set for that torrent, not globally)

Narrowing down where/when this behavior occurs may help determine how to fix it or at the very least why it's acting the way it is...
ricecrispies
New User
New User

Post by ricecrispies »

It's in the bandwidth section.
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

ricecrispies wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:17 pm It's in the bandwidth section.
Have you tried specifying an upload speed limit by right-clicking and going to options and setting it specifically for that torrent? I'd be curious if that also didn't work...

I would say upgrading to 2.1.1 would be a good step if this problem exists for all limiting methods, or perhaps starting with a clean profile (rename the profile to "-bak") and let deluge start a clean profile and test, or even reinstall deluge from scratch and see if the problem persists.

Not quite sure of another reason why this would happen, but let me know what you find.
ricecrispies
New User
New User

Post by ricecrispies »

Sorry for being so slow to reply (4 months!).

I finally got around to upgrading to 2.1.1, but it has made no difference.

I can also confirm that per-torrent upload limits work fine.