Recommended VPNs for torrenting and seeding with Deluge?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
HoppingLumper3
New User
New User

Recommended VPNs for torrenting and seeding with Deluge?

Post by HoppingLumper3 »

Hello, I'm very new to VPN stuff and I wanted some help with determining what VPNs would best allow me to torrent and seed using Deluge without fear of getting caught by "copyright trolls" for a good price. (I can't just look through techlore because I don't know enough to be able to understand what part of what the site tells me would indicate if a VPN has what I'm looking for.) So far, I've got my eye on Proton VPN.
I'm in the US, in case that's important.
ambipro

Re: Recommended VPNs for torrenting and seeding with Deluge?

Post by ambipro »

I'm not sure but I don't think this is the proper place to post this sort of request, it's probably better to ask on your respective trackers.

Deluge itself is not a program to pirate software, although it can be used for things that are less than kosher.

But.....

Generally speaking, you'll need to find a VPN with the ability to seed, not just download, so port forwarding and a dedicated IP address are probably something you'd want to look for.

A good place to start comparisons would be https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 2jqEk/edit and then investigate their port forwarding abilities...as far as specific recommendations, i won't be able to help you with that. As I said, probably best to ask on your trackers forums or something.
nimer

Post by nimer »

any vpn provider that actively donates part of there income to the EFF
fuga

Post by fuga »

Leena
New User
New User

Post by Leena »

It's always important to be mindful of copyright laws and to choose a VPN that can protect you from "copyright trolls" while you torrent. The VPN you are talking about is a good option to consider, but you might also want to take a look at thunder vpn for pc.
Warrenpitt
New User
New User

Post by Warrenpitt »

The VPN you are talking about is a good option to consider, but you might also want to take a look at thunder vpn for pc. I've been using it for quite some time because it's a safe and fast VPN that can protect you while you torrent and seed with Deluge. Keep in mind that not all VPNs are free, so be sure to do your research and choose one that fits your budget and needs. However, it's better to choose paid ones because they can at least somehow guarantee your data safety. most free VPNs are just traps, basically.