deluge on ubuntu download drops to 0kb in seconds ?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
sinistercreation
New User
New User

deluge on ubuntu download drops to 0kb in seconds ?

Post by sinistercreation »

hey guys first time poster here, hoping you could all help me potentially :P

ive installed deluge on ubunutu (server) following a guide i have used multiple times before, have installed the web and web-ui packages also

it all seemed to be setup okay and working, i added multiple torrents into the ui and they started running, quite slowly about100kbs a second or so and drops within seconds to 0.0kb. (the server has a 1gb connection so usually see about 60mb/s)

ive never had this problem before on any installs of deluge ive had and cant for the life of me work it out, have unistalled and reinstalled everything about 3 times, doubled checked everything is correct in the system files needed when setting up, the limits in the ui itself in preferences are set the exact same as the other setups i have going (still running) and to be honest im left scratching my head. :?:

hopefully you guys can save me (pretty please) because im all out of ideas :lol:
sinistercreation
New User
New User

Re: deluge on ubuntu download drops to 0kb in seconds ?

p.s i have checked the torrents on my other setup and they are running as would be expected
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Sounds like permission issue, so make sure you have access to download dir from deluge user, or however you have it setup, and preceding parent dirs have traverse bit set(chmod +x).

If you use deluge user, then e.g can also quickly check/rule-out if access provided through e.g running 'sudo -u deluge touch /download-dir/deluge-test'.
sinistercreation
New User
New User

im logged in as root so shouldnt be a permissions issue right ? or am i wrong in thinking that :P

ive made the deluge group and added root as a user too it aswell
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Sorry, how do you run deluge, I mean do you run through deluged or not, and if so, how starting deluged, systemd service?
sinistercreation
New User
New User

So I actually use deluge (adding torrents etc) by using the Web ui thats defaults onto hostname:8112 , if that's what you mean mate? :)

But when installing/setting it up I ssh into a ubuntu server to run the commands :)
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks mate, I'm guessing you use deluge user and systemd on that server, which means you need have the deluge user have access to the download dir and have traverse bit set on parent dirs, likely is issue, but though just a guess.

If not starting deluged from systemd or alike, and setup as deluge user, then disregard please.

Anyway, which guide, link please if possible.

And permissions of your defined download-dir thanks i.e 'ls -la /path/to/dir'.

I'm going to bed now, so cannot answer until tomorrow, so others please jump in.
sinistercreation
New User
New User

sorry for the delayed reply it was my bed time too :P

so i fixed it this morning all i did was change deluge to root on the user section in the .service files and it let it download but now its downloaded in the wrong place /root/downloads and wont let me move it to /home/deluge/downloads so im asusming it is permissions as you said. complete noob to linux here :P

i used linux babe guide this link https://www.linuxbabe.com/ubuntu/instal ... untu-20-04 , the server part not the dekstop of course.

honestly thanks so much for the help, completely stuck lol
sinistercreation
New User
New User

i dont know what ive done but its resolved now thankyou
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Sorry, I read your post earlier, but didn't had time to write before later today, but i'm glad you managed to fix it yourself, good job :) Thanks for posting back, and not that I was very helpful but thanks you're welcome mate :)