Synology error: 'Port 8112 configured for this package is either used by another service or reserved for system use...'

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
sreid9
New User
New User

Synology error: 'Port 8112 configured for this package is either used by another service or reserved for system use...'

Post by sreid9 »

I'm getting the following error when I attempt to reinstall Deluge on my Synology:

‘Port 8112 configured for this package is either used by another service or reserved for system use. Please disable or modify the conflicting service, or contact the developer to modify the package configuration.’

I previously had Deluge installed and functioning properly via the Syno Community. This issue is happening after I attempted to update Deluge to the most recent version (2.1.1-17) via the Synology Package Center. Unfortunately the update froze in the 'updating' status, which forced me to restart my Synology before the update completed.

After the failed update attempt, Deluge no longer appears under 'installed' packages in the Package Center. I can find Deluge in the list of available packages in the 'community' tab, however when I attempt to reinstall it, I get the error described above. Restarting my Synology failed to fix the issue.

I'm not sure where to go from here to troubleshoot this issue. Hoping I can get some help from the Deluge community! Thanks in advance.