Unable to tick 3rd party plugins

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
tyzerro
New User
New User

Unable to tick 3rd party plugins

Post by tyzerro »

Just discovered Deluge this week. Moving from qBit and I am already impressed. Noticed some much needed features were missing when I found that there were 3rd party plugins for the exact features I was needing.

I am using the standalone client on Windows 10 build 19044. I have so far only installed 3 third party plugins.
FileBotTool
Ratio
SeedTime

The program will not let me tick the boxes to enable them and I am clueless as to why this is happening. I assumed I needed to install both versions 2.7 and 3.10 of python since 2 of those plugins use 2.7 and one uses 3.10 but still none of them are selectable. Any and all advice and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
mhertz

Re: Unable to tick 3rd party plugins

Post by mhertz »

You don't need install any python versions, and you can only use python 3.x plugins on deluge 2.x.

I tested ratio plugin, and works - I tested latest posted build by Meimax here: viewtopic.php?p=235023#p235023

Filebottool indeed has issues - there where an issue ticket raised I saw, and the dev speculated what could be wrong, which was correct(didn't import external module correct in python3), and so I fixed this plus another likeminded issue elsewhere, so now will enable and hopefully should now work, though I don't have fileboottool so error's out with that missing of-course.

FileBotTool-2.0.2.egg

Last, seedtime I couldn't see deluge2 compatible version upon quick look, and I might look into seeing if too much bother to update, or if can even(by me I mean), but I just think that there's not really that much reason to do so honestly, when there's already the much more powerfull autoremoveplus available, e.g. basher's fork here: viewtopic.php?p=234955#p234955
tyzerro
New User
New User

Re: Unable to tick 3rd party plugins

Post by tyzerro »

thank you so much! that solved my issue immediately!