jeps
Leecher
Leecher

How to make "downlod to" folder list

Post by jeps »

Hi there.

I have tried many times to use the GUI:
Preferences -> Downloads -> Download to
to create a few download folders to choose from in the add torrent dialogue, but I fail miserably each time.
It just seems so obvious but the logic in the menu eludes me.

Can I read a guide somewhere?
Or can someone in a few sentences explain it?
mhertz

Re: How to make "downlod to" folder list

Post by mhertz »

Hi jeps :)

I don't blame you mate lol. As far as I can make it work, is roughly following:

Press 'Add' and 'Edit' to add new entry and edit it - seemingly a bug there so arrow keys don't work to quit the "blue"(whole path selected), so use mouse to press right after path(to quit the "blue") and then backspace it and enter new path manually and press return. Also if not minding entering path from beginning to end manually, then just enter path and don't need press with mouse at end and backspace. Could also edit default download path so is added correct when selecting 'Add' and then just restore default download path at end with 'Default'.

Continue this, and when finished(escape key to quit out) then when testing this(download torrent and see the new folders being
there to choose from you just added), then will see misses one of your entries - so to circumvent this, then need default download location at top of list, so go back and press 'Add' and leave it default and now will work.

If ever wanting add new entry, then you cannot, so delete the top entry which then lets you add new ones and then at end finish by re-adding default entry with 'Add'.

Sorry not good at explaining and def not at shortness. Also if I am over-complicating this.

Hope help little bit,