deluge-console error

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
dugiehowsa
New User
New User

deluge-console error

Post by dugiehowsa »

Greetings. Recently, I started to notice that deluge-console was outputting an error, although operations continue to be normal. The error is causing problems with the scripting I have in place.

user@server:~$ deluge-console status
Total upload: 0.0 KiB/s
Total download: 0.0 KiB/s
DHT Nodes: 112
Total torrents: 0
Allocating: 0
Checking: 0
Downloading: 0
Seeding: 0
Paused: 0
Error: 0
Queued: 0
Moving: 0
<Deferred at 0x7fdef49b2770 current result: None>

user@server:~$ deluge-console -v
deluge-console 2.1.1
libtorrent: 2.0.5.0
Python: 3.10.4

user@server:~$ uname -a
Linux server 5.15.0-46-generic #49-Ubuntu SMP Thu Aug 4 18:03:25 UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I enabled debug and reran the command above, but I did not see any additional new messages in the system logs.

Please advise.
mhertz

Re: deluge-console error

Post by mhertz »

Yeah I had noticed that too, but honestly never gotten around to looking into it, as didn't really bother me, nor my scripting, and isn't an actual error-message neither, but you're right, should be looked into obviously :)

I narrowed the culprit down specifically to commit ece31cf, so started happening from release v2.10, and I will make a bug-ticket later, but if wanting it workarounded meanwhile, then change line 16 of e.g. '/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/__init__.py' from/to:

Code: Select all

return Console().start()

Code: Select all

Console().start()
Thanks for posting :)
dugiehowsa
New User
New User

Post by dugiehowsa »

Thanks for the tip. I made the suggested change, but then more errors got spit out, so I just revered the change.

Since you stated it is not an error that is being encountered, I will just wait for the fix to be implemented and the next update to be pushed out.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I just rechecked with clean install and for me it does work however, but it's not error as you said, so fine to wait, which I do myself, as didn't even bother honestly.

I now initially got some twisted.web 404 error after making the change, and it showed that error on screen 3 times in row and then under that, finally said torrent added and worked, but hence I also thought had overlooked something, but then when reverting the fix then still happened, so was just a fluke of sorts as never seen before myself, and error seemingly was about unstable net connection at the time I presume. Now it works with out those repeated errors splashed on-screen, Neither with or without my suggested change, but as said not important, just wanted to explain because thinking maybe you saw same.
tfiskgul
New User
New User

Post by tfiskgul »

I also get exit code 1 with the following output at the end:
<Deferred at 0x7f4d789bd7b0 current result: None>

Although the command seems to function, except for the output and exit code.

$ deluge-console -v
deluge-console 2.1.1
libtorrent: 2.0.6.0
Python: 3.10.8
insomniac
New User
New User

Post by insomniac »

Hm, this still seems to be a problem. For my use case (calling deluge-console from a script) it was enough to change `return Console().start()
` into `Console().start()` as suggested above.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I'm sorry, completely forgot make said promised ticket, done.
kanzie

Post by kanzie »

Im still having this problem and can't connect to my daemon using deluge-console. What is the reason for this problem?

I also see this happening every second in deluged.log when trying to connect using deluged-console:
Deluge client disconnected: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost.

deluge-console 2.1.1
libtorrent: 2.0.8.0
Python: 3.10.9
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

The issue discussed here is just "cosmetical", returning an object not intended simply, and so not really important, except e.g if breaking own scripting when filtering output etc.

Cas fixed it, through merging djlegolas's PR, but that's in develop branch and so won't be included before next v2.1.2 release, or you can use the AUR git package etc.

If having other issues, like your last line regarding connection lost, then please post more debug logging content and describe in more detail exactly what you're doing thanks.