WEB UI Systemd Failed Daemon Service & Showing IP "n/a"

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Mindame
New User
New User

WEB UI Systemd Failed Daemon Service & Showing IP "n/a"

Post by Mindame »

So I have been banging my head connecting a SMB share and using Deluge on a few different distros now over 2 weeks. I have gotten very close to finishing what I want to do with the one computer I have setup for seeding. My distro is Ubuntu Server 22.04. I am attempting to use Deluge from my main desktop through the Web UI using a dedicated computer for hosting the deluge web UI with everything going directly on a SMB share on my NAS. I followed the guides for systemd services on startup https://deluge.readthedocs.io/en/latest ... rvice.html including the sections for adding logs and checking for the network drive in the systemd service. The Web UI service works fine (surprisingly, it will even start if the daemon service fails), but the daemon will fail when it is enabled. If I disable both services and start them manually (after a reboot), I can access the web UI, but I can't download/upload anything. I am using a VPN (Nord), with the entire subnet my router is on whitelisted (192.168.111.0/24). This still allows me to connect to my SMB share (on boot) and the Web UI (after starting the services manually). I noticed the IP in the bottom right corner being set to "n/a". Doing some looking around doesn't yield too many results that were of help. I tried using random and non-random ports and port forward when using non-random ports. I wasn't seeing any difference in the UI while doing this. On this computer, I have UFW with ports 8112, 58846 allowed, 22 denied, default deny (which might be part of the reason now but I want to see if anyone has any suggestions because I am fed up at this point). I just need a little bit of help to get over the finishing line for the setup.
deluged 2.1.1
libtorrent 1.2.4.0
python 3.10.4