New User

Deluge 2.1.1: Torrents stop announcing

Post by IBTB »

Code: Select all

~$ deluged -V
 deluged 2.1.1
 libtorrent: 1.2.17.0
 Python: 3.8.10
After upgrading to Deluge 2.1.1, I've been having trouble with torrents stopping to announce themselves to trackers. Some trackers more affected than others. In the deluge-console or thin client GUI, the torrents stand with "seeding" status (Progress), but the countdown for "Next Announce" disapears when it reaches 0.

Timer disapeared after reaching 0
Timer disapeared after reaching 0
NextAnnounce.PNG (9.43 KiB) Viewed 3620 times

I did add a couple houndreds of torrents at the same time I upgraded (up to a total of ~1800), so I am not 100 % sure the upgrade is the problem. Hoping for some advice to troubleshoot this!

Some trackers have 95 % ++ torrents that stop after first announce. Other trackers still list these "problem-torrents" as seeding, but "idle" timer (visible on their end) is increasing. Some trackers I have no problem with, and some have less than 5 % torrents with this problem. I have also found another person with the same problem on one of the trackers, but he said the problem persisted even after he downgraded back to 1.3.

If someone could give me a few pointers on where to start, it would be great. I would love to know if it is a Deluge problem or a issue with libtorrent for starters!

//IB

Edit: I've done some more testing. And it seems that the number of seeding torrents have an effect on this. Once I pause a few houndred torrents, the rest work and announces fine.
Not fine-tuned it, but 1800 was too much, and below 1200 works. Is this a known limitation to Deluge/libtorrent? Or any settings I can try to change somehow?

Edit2: Done even more testing. And now I can't reproduce the problem òÓ
I've checked the libtorrent settings and changed one or two of them (that should have absolutely NO impact on my issue), then started to add 50 seeding torrents at a time. Now I seed around 2000, and none of the torrent is acting up as they did when I first wrote this. I have not rebooted and started to seed all 2k at the same time, I'm just so glad everything works, it will have to be like this until next time I face the issue :p
nimer

Re: Deluge 2.1.1: Torrents stop announcing

Post by nimer »

i'm seeding 8k torrents / 50TB..... deluge 2.1.1.... only issue... any new torrents sit idle for about 90min before transferring data... this applies to seeding new torrents..... if i pause everything which takes 20min they start instantly....

it scales with the number of torrents but not size. approx 1 min delay for every 100 torrents being seeded.

my daily transfers on private trackers is close to 50GB a day on a up stream capped at 4MB/s up, nothing else appears to be degraded aside from this odd behavior

using libtorrent 2.0.6 did resolve many other oddities - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=56250
Jaywalker
New User
New User

Post by Jaywalker »

I had this exact same problem and my answer turned out to be here: viewtopic.php?t=54670

tl;dr, install ltConfig plugin, use the webui (gtk ui doesn't show the plugin options), and increase the active_tracker_limit to a higher value.

Hopefully this helps the next guy!
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

I believe the default is 1600 torrents, so anything above that will not announce. Jaywalker is correct, using ltConfig to adjust active_tracker_limit is the solution.

Once you surpass 1600 (or whatever the number) of active seeding torrents is, you'll need to do this in order to actively seed them all.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Jaywalker wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:15 am [...] use the webui (gtk ui doesn't show the plugin options) [...]
Just wanted highlight that for client-side (gtk) configurability of plugins, then specifically need plugin also on client-side - web-UI little different though, as found. Just small headsup, also for others reading, and thanks for posting!