Unable to download using Deluge (Docker)

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
OneTimeCookie
New User
New User

Unable to download using Deluge (Docker)

Post by OneTimeCookie »

Hi all,

I'm having problems downloading via Deluge (docker through VPN) and saving straight into a Synology share that deluge has access to.

In deluge, at the bottom right hand corner, it's saying Error where icon of the HDD is at which is leading me to guess that it cannot find the storage path.

This is the code of the docker install

Code: Select all

docker run -d \
  --name=deluge \
  -e PUID=1026 \
  -e PGID=100 \
  -e TZ=Country/State \
  -e DELUGE_LOGLEVEL=error `#optional` \
  -v /docker/deluge/config:/config \
  -v /nfs/incoming:/downloads \
  -v /nfs/movies:/movies \
  --restart unless-stopped \
  lscr.io/linuxserver/deluge:latest
Through the console of Deluge in Portainer, I've tested making folders to the /downloads folder and can confirm I've got write permissions.

I've also confirmed the following:
  • that I'm writing to the correct path /downloads using the command pwd.
  • Synology share has got the right permissions for both the user and the group to have Read/Write access
I'm not sure what else I need to look at and was hoping to get some help here. Hopefully someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

Update:
So I somewhat figured out that when going through a VPN, it cannot see the external but when it's not on the VPN, it can see the storage.

Would anyone have an idea how I can make it work?

Thank you.
Last edited by OneTimeCookie on Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OneTimeCookie
New User
New User

Re: Unable to download using Deluge (Docker)

Post by OneTimeCookie »

Silly me figured out that I didn't mount the path that deluge needs to write to in the VPN container.
Thus when routing traffic to the VPN container, it cannot access the /downloads folder that deluge needs to write to thus all downloads stopped.
Hopefully no one runs into this issue that I've ran into or if they are stuck like me, this is the solution.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Glad to see you figured it out yourself and thanks for posting back your found solution, good style mate :)
OneTimeCookie
New User
New User

Post by OneTimeCookie »

I think it’s only right thing to do.
Share this so that it benefits others too.

Then again, who knows one day I might have to come back here to look for the solution again. :)