Ubuntu 22.04 - unmet dependencies error

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Pyrrhic

Ubuntu 22.04 - unmet dependencies error

Post by Pyrrhic »

Hi all,

I upgraded my linux box to Ubuntu 22.04 yesterday - thought all was fine until I realised this morning that deluged wasn't working!

It appears to have been uninstalled as part of the upgrade process; when I try to install it, I get this error:

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
deluged : Depends: deluge-common (= 2.1.0-0~202206282059~ubuntu22.04.1) but 2.1.0-0~202206291031~ubuntu20.04.1 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

I understand from that there is a problem with package dependencies, but I'm afraid I have no idea how to fix it! - Any ideas?

To confirm, this happens with the deluge PPA installed and the release channel set to jammy; if I change the channel back to the old Ubuntu LTS (fossa) it tries to install a load of other packages which I expect may be outdated and conflict with something else, causing more problems, so I thought I'd better just pursue a proper fix :D

EDIT:

Think I've solved it myself - had the bright idea to remove deluge-common and start again. Installed, and because I didn't do a purge all my configs etc. seem to have been preserved. Sorted!
lugegigi
New User
New User

Re: Ubuntu 22.04 - unmet dependencies error

Post by lugegigi »

Think I've solved it myself - had the bright idea to remove deluge-common and start again. Installed, and because I didn't do a purge all my configs etc. seem to have been preserved. Sorted!
How did you do this?
ambipro

Re: Ubuntu 22.04 - unmet dependencies error

Post by ambipro »

lugegigi wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:22 am
How did you do this?
I assume he means he ran 'apt-get remove deluge-common' command as opposed to 'apt-get purge deluge-common' on the package.