Active Port different than My Choice

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Erich.S
New User
New User

Active Port different than My Choice

Post by Erich.S »

The active Port shows a Different Port number than What I choose. I need a certain Port Number bc that's what I pick on my Router. I put the Port Number in ALL boxes and do NOT use Random Ports. It post Active as a wrong port number to my choice. I am useing Windows 10 pro and have no idea how to fix this issue. I'm useing Deluge 1.3.15.1. I'm also reading Old 2014 & 18 post with same issues but No Fixes.
Thanks in advance.
mhertz

Re: Active Port different than My Choice

Post by mhertz »

So you have it setup e.g. like this, right: https://i.imgur.com/dSDYGmU.png

If so(just making sure, I know you stated this already), then a few thoughts...

The port in question could be taken by something else, so try a range(just for troubleshooting this), e.g. second field is added a few extra numbers to, and check if active port is atleast now within range or still not.

Second, I would try with a fresh profile and retest, so e.g. rename with deluge closed '%appdata%\deluge' to end in e.g. '-bak' and then test fresh and can delete afterwards the profile-dir and rename back, if wanted.

Finally, obtaining debug-log to see what's going on internally with the port-assignment, so run e.g. '%program files(x86)%\deluge\deluge -L debug -l %userprofile%\Desktop\deluge.log', where log saved to desktop after starting/stopping deluge through said command.
Erich.S
New User
New User

Post by Erich.S »

Yes the Image you posted is correct But My Port Number doesn't match the active port above the One I chose. I'll try your Suggestions and see how it works out. I need a Specific Port Number bc My Router will only let me Open One Port at a time for this specific computer. It won't let me put in a Range of numbers, xxxxxx to xxxxxx. I also need to be inside a certain Range of numbers 50K to 60K.
No other computer is useing the Port I chose that goes through this Router.
Erich.S
New User
New User

Post by Erich.S »

Ok, this is Crazy. Deluge is Now posting My Correct Port and giving Me the Green Light on Test Active Port. It's been 6-hrs since I checked it to see what was going on. It seems to be working Now, 6 hrs later. Wow, that's a relief. :D
I guess the issue has corrected itself. I'm Happy it did.