Downloaded videos have playback problems

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Ralpharoni
New User
New User

Downloaded videos have playback problems

Post by Ralpharoni »

1-Downloaded vids stop while playing and end. I need to restart them slightly later then they will play. This is always in the same place or places. Videos will also become blocky and play poorly for a sew seconds and then clear up. This can happen repeatedly. Always in the same places. Some videos do not have any problems. They can be from any site.

2- I have carefully updated every part of my system from Bios to media drivers and Windows 10. I have reinstalled Deluge.

3- I travel in an RV and usually do not have the best wifi. I often have to use a hotspot that is throttled. These sources drop out and restart a lot.

4- I currently keep 350 upload slots open. I have to have everything available because I need the bonus points since I can not upload well. Could I be overloading Deluge?

This is a new problem over the past month or so. If it is the upload slots is there a way to check the integrity of the files before using or a work around? Anything you can suggest will help.
mhertz

Re: Downloaded videos have playback problems

Post by mhertz »

I would just say that it's almost certantly not deluge/libtorret doing this. Every piece transferred goes through a SSL hash-check for integrity verification and if a single piece fails then the torrent will error out and not finish - this is so you don't upload bad stuff to others also, and not just for your benefit. If the torrents finish with 100%, and not getting errors, then the torrent-data is fine imho - you can do a recheck of the torrent data, so check if got mangled after downloaded, but shouldn't be needed.

I know you stated to have opdated everything, but i'd look again at the player in question and/or the codecs if not using player with them internal like mpc-hc, mpv, mplayer, vlc etc, and i'd try possibly downgrade if upgrade doesn't help(likewise graphics-drivers), and to completely swicth player.

It could be your system isn't powerfull enough for some high quality video, or hardware-acceleration issues etc.

Anyway, just throwing that out there quickly, and hopefully others can give you some more precise and direct tailored advice.

Good luck.
Ralpharoni
New User
New User

Post by Ralpharoni »

Thanks. Gives me something to work with. VLC is main player in its stock configuration. MPC-HCx64 is backup and moth react the same to the files. Problem was there with with old graphics before I did a 600m+ update no change. HD and SSD both have room and are healthy, My 32g of ram is half used and Firefox is using most of that. I'll try it with Firefox off. I also did a restore to a month ago. I'll get to returning to some older drivers and see what happens. The Asus Vivobook is pretty powerful and did not have the problem before. I'll let you know what I find.
Ralpharoni
New User
New User

Post by Ralpharoni »

Mhertz I think you've got it. :) I continued to check and change everything including players. It got worse. Then my rotating drive that stores this stuff started to load slowly or hang. It would occasionally not load. Deluge began having a ton of errors and often things would not restart. I found if I copied the vids onto my main ssd drive they played perfectly. I am now looking at the rotating D drive. I suspect that the ASUS Vivobook was never meant to run 24- . The fan only lasts 4-5 months. The thing that disturbs me though is that the tests provided by Asus and Windows say that the drive is fine.

I can get a external 1t drive to copy the D drive before it goes so I have time to check for software problems within the D drive then replace the drive if needed. Do you think that would be the way to go? I'll keep you posted.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I'm very glad to hear you succesfully narowed it down to that, good job mate! :) Yeah, I would presume that would be a wise choise to do that indeed - honestly don't know much about this issue in general, so please others jump in if having some advice here also.

Hoping you can get this fully resolved :)
Ralpharoni
New User
New User

Post by Ralpharoni »

Thanks. The drive is lurching along running for a while then quitting. I am getting the files onto a usb ssd a bunch at a time and should be able to run deluge from this drive until I get a new drive.