Stop seed at ratio not working

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Menard
Leecher
Leecher

Stop seed at ratio not working

Post by Menard »

Hello

In the past I was used to use this feature but now it seems that it may be overcome
Is this known ?
mhertz

Re: Stop seed at ratio not working

Post by mhertz »

Not known issue no, so please provide failing example for us to try reproduce, because cannot currently myself.
Menard
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Menard »

I must know if, when we set it to ... for example 1.2 when the ratio is allready at 1.2, it can block it at 1.2, or is it too late ? and we must set it to 1.3 ?
And about the case I had, the torrent is not fully downloaded, I selected only one part, and on this part, only a part is downloaded with many files partially downloaded and download stopped, but upload continues, so I put it in pause
At the beginning when it decided to start I first set the limit on 1.0 but then at 1.2 I set it to 1.2 and then it became 1.3 and 1.5 now
Notice that the bandwith limit is still active for it
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

The setting is only for new torrents loaded henceforth and don't apply to already loaded ones as far as I understand, and tested some time ago.

Hope explains situation better, and understand the confusion.

Otherwise I can test later if you still feel something wrong, as not at my computer now.

Thanks for elaborating :)
Menard
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Menard »

It is with Deluge v2.0.3
What would be useful is to have a "Stop at ratio" setting to set by default for all torrents, if I understand it is not in my version
Also the setting Pre-allocated disk space is not checked, I think all selected files for download, are immediately created with all their size even nothing has been downloaded ... and surprisingly they give a hash when I would expect an error message

How could I provide an example as it is a private tracker ?
The setting is only for new torrents loaded henceforth and don't apply to already loaded ones as far as I understand
OK but perhaps you never tried to use it after download ? For me it was working well as far as I can remember
Last edited by Menard on Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

The tracker in question isn't important and so just ment what setting used, but as said the issue is about can only control new torrents and not change the ones already loaded currently, so no example needed anyway I'm affraid(as explains what you're seeing e.g in your previous example).

I believe it always worked like this, but cannot say for 100% sure though.

Maybe you could look into if a plugin like autoremoveplus will do what you request - I don't know myself if it does though, so just a thought mind you.
Menard
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Menard »

I think I have to check with new torrents what happens if I repeat the same process, set a ratio level after the download is finished
but it forces me to download special torrents chosen for an important traffic on them because I am far more often on torrents that have few seeders and few leechers

to be continued

NB : what is a problem is that as I cannot trust this, I limit upload at 50K/s each as I could allow 500 K/s
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Here's a ~5.5 years old post by Shryp explaining also this fact:

viewtopic.php?p=225172#p225172

So, the preferences-menu ratio settings are only for new torrents(and cannot be changed after downloaded neither) and the specific per-torrent options at bottom is for changing already added torrents, per-torrent,

As Shryp stated in that posted link above, then can use labelplus to apply per label, if wanted. And as I said before, could checkout autoremoveplus too, which I seem to remember also can change already loaded ones, unless remember wrong.
Menard
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Menard »

But that is what I knew... I only complained that this "specific per-torrent options" for the first time for one torrent, didn't work because it overcame limitation at 1.0 ratio then other walue set to 1.2 and 1.4 for example to try to stop it
What do you call a label ?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I apologize, misunderstood apparently :)

I'll see if can reproduce later at a time and will return if can reproduce or have anything else to add.