Deluge is leaking my IP?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
needemailcontains
New User
New User

Deluge is leaking my IP?

Post by needemailcontains »

Hello, I have Deluge set up to use a vpn for Peer Web Seed Tracker and DHT as shown in the screenshot,
However having visited https://iknowwhatyoudownload.com/en/peer/ using my standard IP address I am able to see a list of everything I have been torrenting.

This would suggest that somehow Deluge is leaking my IP and not using the proxy that has been set up? Looking for advice on how I can fix this.

Thanks.
mhertz

Re: Deluge is leaking my IP?

Post by mhertz »

For socks5 proxy usage you need force_proxy and anonymous_mode to get the complete protection functionality intended - these options are missing in deluge <2.x, so there need ltconfig plugin from ratanakvlun and enable these previously mentioned options. Note if there isn't a 'force_proxy' option, but only 'anonymous_mode', then alright still, and i'm just to lazy to lookup now in which libtorrent version 'anonymous_mode' where split into two seperate options, and which libtorrent version deluge 1.3.15 using.

You could also use the VPN instead of socks5 proxy, though likewise need make sure a kill-switch in place, either from there official client software, or homemade.
needemailcontains
New User
New User

Post by needemailcontains »

Thank you for the reply I will look into sorting this now.
Menard
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Menard »

Can someone tell me how such link can work ? It is the real subject here, I guess it sends some network requests to our ports ... I wonder if uninstalling all bittorrent application can disable this leak immidiately ...