joel.wraight
New User
New User

Deluge WebUI Won't Auto-Connect To Daemon

Post by joel.wraight »

System OS: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
Deluge WebUI & Daemon Version: 2.0.5

Hi,

I've just this second finished installing my new torrent server. All is working well except one thing. The WebUI won't auto-connect to the deamon. I.e. when I bring up the WebUI after a reboot it will bring up the connection manager, and make me press connect manually. My old torrent server was CentOS 7 with Deluged & Deluge-Web version 1.3.15. I have the exact same config as the old box yet it won't auto-connect.

I thought at first the Deluge-Web service might be starting too quick, before the deamon service starts and therefore unable to connect as the daemon it wants to connect to hasn't yet started. So have tried adding dependencies and 'sleeps' into the system d scripts to make sure the web service starts after. This did not work.

I have tried using just the IP in the web.conf (127.0.0.1), i've tried using the IP & the port (127.0.0.1:58846), i've even tried specifiying "localclient@127.0.0.1:58846". To confirm, this is in the web.conf value of:
"default_daemon": ""
inside the '/home/service-deluge/.config/deluge/web.conf' file.

I've used 'chmod 444' on the 'web.conf' file to make sure it's not being overwritten. When I make changes to this file I stop the deluged & deluge-web service first. I've tried everything I can think of to try and get it to auto-connect.

When I run 'sudo systemctl status deluge-web' I get this error at the bottom "Apr 29 03:10:41 HOSTNAME deluge-web[487]: 03:10:41 [ERROR ][deluge.ui.web.json_api :437 ] Unable to connect to daemon, check host_id "127.0.0.1:58846" is correct."

Any ideas anyone?
mhertz

Re: Deluge WebUI Won't Auto-Connect To Daemon

Post by mhertz »

The 'default_daemon' setting needs a 'host_ID' specifically:
How do I auto-connect to a specific daemon? ¶
Stop the Web UI before modifying the web.conf file.
Edit web.conf in config, find "default_daemon" and set its value to the daemon id in hostlist.conf
e.g. To connect to localhost you would open hostlist.conf as see a snippet such as:
"123459d5a5b414159caa1323f6e0c9b240c7abcd",
"localhost",
Use the first entry from hostlist, which is the id and add it to web.conf:
"default_daemon": "123459d5a5b414159caa1323f6e0c9b240c7abcd",
Restart the Web UI.
https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Faq ... ificdaemon