"Error: Host not found (non-authoritative), try again later" on a specific tracker (Debian)

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
balatico
New User
New User

"Error: Host not found (non-authoritative), try again later" on a specific tracker (Debian)

Post by balatico »

Hello,

I have been using Deluge on Debian (version 2.0.5, installed from pip) for a few months now, behind namespaced-openvpn (using info from this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=49883 ; along with socat for port forwarding: https://unix.stackexchange.com/a/298409)

I seed close to 1200 torrents from one tracker. The number was closer to 1000 until last week, but I started seeding more, and the errors started appearing: on this one specific tracker, after a few hours of deluged running, all the torrents this play the same tracker status message: Error: Host not found (non-authoritative), try again later. If I try to update the tracker, the next tracker status message is a timeout. The issue is resolved by restarting deluged. The error only appears with one specific tracker. It may be because of the tracker itself, or because of the number of torrents I'm seeding on that tracker.

That error doesn't appear much on this forum, and the main takeway is that I should wait for the next announce and it would resolve itself… but it doesn't and I have to restart my daemon.Restarting it every few hours could be automated, but it looks really cumbersome, I would prefer a better way of preventing the error from happening.

From what I could find, that error seems to come from libtorrent and the C++ library Boost::asio. Do you know how I could diagnose better this error, or if there are some hidden settings for Deluge or libtorrent that could come into play here?

Thanks!
goldhaxx
New User
New User

Re: "Error: Host not found (non-authoritative), try again later" on a specific tracker (Debian)

Post by goldhaxx »

Hey /u/ balatico - I just signed up to note I'm seeing the same error in my Deluge environment. I'm running a Deluge bare metal install on Ubuntu 20.04 in a network namespace config I manually put together. I'm also running Deluge 2.0.5, however I believe it was installed using apt-get install.

Yesterday I started seeing the Error: Host not found (non-authoritative), try again later error on every single one of the torrents shown in my Deluge web client while behind my custom network namespace. I have completely disassembled the namespace, removed all vpn configs, and am still seeing this issue occurring on my standard NIC interface.

I've confirmed I can resolve the trackers shown in the failure logs by using either dig or ping, so I'm pretty confident this isn't a DNS or network issue. Curious if you've had any luck here?
poppyq

Re: "Error: Host not found (non-authoritative), try again later" on a specific tracker (Debian)

Post by poppyq »

I ran into this when I upgraded my Deluge Docker Container from 2.0.3 to 2.0.5. I downgraded back to a 2.0.3 image, and the issue immediately went away.
rraymond
New User
New User

Post by rraymond »

I used unbound to manage block lists. Within block list was

Code: Select all

local-zone: "opentrackr.org." always_nxdomain
White listing this then resolved this issue for me. It's worth checking your DNS configuration / resolution of trackers on host of deluge