Problem with GTK+ Thin Client SSH connection on Ubuntu

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Fluffhead
New User
New User

Problem with GTK+ Thin Client SSH connection on Ubuntu

Post by Fluffhead »

Hello –

This is driving me crazy, so I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions for me.

I used to use KiTTy + Deluge Thin Client (GTK) to connect to my seedbox via an SSH tunnel using Windows 10. That stopped working when my seedbox updated their version of Deluge to 2+, which isn’t supported on Windows (and I can’t seem to figure out how to install the Windows community Deluge builds).

Rather than trying to figure out the community Windows Deluge builds, I decided to see if I can get this all working on my Synology NAS which I set up about a month ago. So, this is all new to me, but I've been able to figure out most stuff until now. I set up an Ubuntu 20 VM (my first time using Ubuntu), and got PuTTy and Deluge all set up like I used to in Windows. I am able to connect the Deluge thin client to my seedbox regularly (not using the SSH tunnel), but I can’t seem to connect through the SSH tunnel. I’m out of ideas and curious if I’m missing something. No matter what I do, it’s the same result. I have a feeling it's either an Ubuntu thing I'm missing or possibly something on my NAS, but I have no idea.

What I’m running
- Synology NAS with DSM 7.0
- Virtual Machine running Ubuntu 20
- PuTTy (I am able to connect to my seedbox, run commands in the terminal, etc.)
- Deluge 2.0.5 (GTK+ Thin Client)

What I’ve tried
- Contacted seedbox support (they didn’t know and I don’t expect them to be my Ubuntu support)
- Verified SSH is active and running on my seedbox
- Ensured all passwords were entered accurately
- Ensured my client & seedbox Deluge are the same version
- Tried opening ports in my firewall and on my router (the daemon port and smattering of others since that didn’t work...not sure if any of this is necessary or not, but I tried)
- Updated Deluge
- Changed the .config/deluge/core.conf file to “allow_remote”: true
- Turned my Synology firewall and Pi-Hole off

Deluge screenshot