Weird problem with "duplicate torrents" message

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
rado84
New User
New User

Weird problem with "duplicate torrents" message

Post by rado84 »

In the last week or so something weird started happening that I can't fix. I tried downgrading both the program and libtorrent-rasterbar (because these 2 had their most recent updates) but that didn't fix the problem, so I came here to ask for possible solutions.

When Deluge is CLOSED (that's a very important part of the problem and happens ONLY when Deluge is NOT running) and I click on any link that ends with .torrent in order to begin the download, Deluge only opens but I can't add the torrent. Then it turned out it also opens a dialog window with an error message (but it opens it in the background, so it's not obvious) that I have already added this torrent which ISN'T true, as you can see on the following screenshot.
When Deluge is already running, there's absolutely no problem with adding tasks!

Installed packages: deluge, deluge-gtk & libtorrent-rasterbar - all version 2.0.5.

The only thing that I haven't tried yet is to install the normal libtorrent but at this point I doubt that this would make any difference.