Can't open settings menu

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Masterjuggler
New User
New User

Can't open settings menu

Post by Masterjuggler »

I'm running deluged with a thin client, and I recently became unable to open the settings menu either on my thin client or locally on my server. I can see the settings menu open for a split second right after I close the client though.
Here's the output from deluged --version:

Code: Select all

deluged 2.0.5-0-202112151848-ubuntu18.04.1
libtorrent: 1.1.14.0
Python: 3.6.9
And opening deluge-gtk from a terminal outputs:

/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py:119: PkgResourcesDeprecationWarning: 0.18ubuntu0.18.04.1 is an invalid version and will not be supported in a future release
  PkgResourcesDeprecationWarning,
/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py:119: PkgResourcesDeprecationWarning: 2.0.5-0-202112151848-ubuntu18.04.1 is an invalid version and will not be supported in a future release
  PkgResourcesDeprecationWarning,
Unhandled error in Deferred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/deluge/transfer.py", line 130, in _handle_complete_message
    rencode.loads(zlib.decompress(data), decode_utf8=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/deluge/ui/client.py", line 133, in message_received
    d.callback(request[2])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 662, in callback
    self._startRunCallbacks(result)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 764, in _startRunCallbacks
    self._runCallbacks()
--- <exception caught here> ---
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 859, in _runCallbacks
    current.result, *args, **kwargs
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/deluge/ui/gtk3/preferences.py", line 339, in on_get_session_status
    self._show()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/deluge/ui/gtk3/preferences.py", line 517, in _show
    widget.set_value(float(value))
builtins.ValueError: could not convert string to float: '['
I made sure Twisted is updated to the latest version, and tried rolling it back to a previous version. I'm not really sure how to proceed with troubleshooting this, so any help is greatly appreciated.
mhertz

Re: Can't open settings menu

Post by mhertz »

Could you try with a clean profile, so e.g rename profile dir to include -bak, or delete, with deluge(*) closed. If ubuntu then maybe /var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge, and possibly ~/.config/deluge. Do it in both server/client if needed, as you run thinclient. Anyway, sounds like a bad config-option or something - I know brackets not allowed in interface-binding setting, so maybe you've defined some IPv6 interface? Never tested it though, or if even allows saving such to config.
Masterjuggler
New User
New User

Re: Can't open settings menu

Post by Masterjuggler »

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I managed to find the setting that was causing the issue. My config is in ~/.config/deluge, and I found that the listen_ports and outgoing_ports in core.conf were formatted as:

"listen_ports": [
         "[",
         ",",
         "]"
    ],
I have no idea why it came to be this way because it's been ages since I touched the port ranges, but I was able to simply edit the config back to two lines with integer values instead of those three weird lines. Now I can open the settings menu in both the server running deluged and my thin client no problem.

Hopefully this helps someone in the future with a similar issue.