Tracker status sometimes showing as "no route to host"

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
cheat111
New User
New User

Tracker status sometimes showing as "no route to host"

Post by cheat111 »

Hello all,

I have been searching for this problem for days now, none of the solutions found helped me.
Basically what is happening, the torrents download fine, while they are seeding I get these "no route to host" errors and they stop seeding. Some say this is purely cosmetic and could be ignored, but this is not the case here. I use the word "sometimes" because it doesn't happen regularly. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
I also checked if it's an internet issue, but pinging/tracerouting the tracker DNS works fine within the server.

For what it's worth, running on Debian 11:

Code: Select all

local@server:~$ deluged --version
deluged 2.0.3
libtorrent: 1.2.9.0
Python: 3.9.2
I also have a different deluge/libtorrent version on my RPI (specifically 1.3.15/1.1.11.0) and there it works just fine, using the same network and torrent trackers. From this I assumed it has something to do with either deluge or libtorrent. The latest libtorrent release on APT is 1.2.9.0 unfortunately, should I try downgrading?

Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you!
mhertz

Re: Tracker status sometimes showing as "no route to host"

Post by mhertz »

I believe you've read my previous post(s) about this, so if you please either update to latest stable deluge2, or add the previous posted fix to manually apply on deluge 2.0.3(just hiding error) - alternatively as stated, check or post debug log so we can see if issue or expected behavior i.e deluge2 < v2.0.4 just displays last tracker response received, out of multiple, and normal some fail with multi-homed protocol addition.

Edit: Might as well add link, just in case: viewtopic.php?t=55690
cheat111
New User
New User

Post by cheat111 »

Thanks for the reply! How do I update to 2.0.4? The latest stable APT package on Debian is 2.0.3 (https://packages.debian.org/search?sear ... rds=deluge)
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

You're very welcome mate.

Hmm, probably easiest is through pip, using something like:

Code: Select all

sudo pip3 install deluge
sudo pip3 install libtorrent==1.2.15
cheat111
New User
New User

Post by cheat111 »

Would this update my current installation, even if it was done by APT? Do I need to change anything else in the configuration?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

It will not update, you need first uninstall deluge from apt, and then can use pip to install newest(when no distro-package available and no PPA support in Debian I believe).

You need gtk3 and it's bindings, but maybe already installed I dunno honestly, but if cannot start deluge afterwards, then install through apt, I believe it's python3-gi-cairo(which I presume includes python3-gi, so don't need specify that additionally).

Last thing, I believe, is that if you use systemd service files for deluged and/or deluge-web, then need edit them to new path which I believe is '/usr/local/bin', instead of '/usr/bin', but don't know, so need check yourself.

If you're okay with libtorrent 1.2.9, then could also use that if wanted, and not use second pip command in my previous post, up to you - with apt it's called python3-libtorrent I believe.
cheat111
New User
New User

Post by cheat111 »

Okay, I managed to update deluge with pip, I found the bin file in my home directory, under .local/bin. So far it's working without errors.
Thank you so much and happy holidays!
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks, you too mate and I'm glad you figured it out :) If it is in your homedir under .local/bin, then that would mean you didn't add 'sudo' infront of 'pip3' command, or added '--user', but not really important - if wanted, you could 'pip3 uninstall deluge' and then do again the install using sudo, from my previous post, but as said, not important, and just personal preference - I would prefer it in homedir myself actually, but guessed most wouldn't.

Great its seemingly working without errors, hope continues, and merry Christmas :)