Share Ratio does not trigger Auto Remove of torrents after download is complete

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
mub
New User
New User

Share Ratio does not trigger Auto Remove of torrents after download is complete

Post by mub »

I had this workiong on my Pi be recently moved to a more power server and obviouasly had to install everything from scratch.

I entered the same settings I was using previously but it is not removing torrents when the share ratio is reached. It looks like some option have changed in the latest version of Deluge so I'm guessing some behaviour has as well..

My server is running is on Debian Bullseye Debian 5.10.70-1 (2021-09-30) x86_64

Deluge is version 2.0.3

I've tried a Share ration of 1 and 2 neither have worked so far.

Torrents are added automatically using the auto add plugin and set to Auto Managed.

Screen shot below to shows the settings and the queue to illustrate how it is not removing the torrents automatically.

Screenshot 2021-12-21 171027.jpg
Screenshot 2021-12-21 171027.jpg (103.38 KiB) Viewed 13921 times

Anyone help me get this setup correctly please?

The alternative is to install the auto remove pluging but this function used to work so I'm hoping I don't need to add extra plugins if possible.
mhertz

Re: Share Ratio does not trigger Auto Remove of torrents after download is complete

Post by mhertz »

Please post the share ratio of torrents, as is what is relevant here to know if bug or not. I'm puzzled about the ETA shown for a seeding torrent however, though there has been reported bug about sometimes a downloading torrent duplicates it's values further down to subsequent items, so maybe that, despite no downloads. Anyway, all your torrents are multi-GiB in size, meaning you need seed multiple GiB for each, for rule to take effect with a share ratio of 1.
merlincool
New User
New User

Re: Share Ratio does not trigger Auto Remove of torrents after download is complete

Post by merlincool »

Can you display correct fileds, upload, download and ratio fields are not visible in your deluge-web
mub
New User
New User

Post by mub »

I'll post another screenshot with better fields turned when I do another set of downloads. Probably next few days.
mub
New User
New User

Post by mub »

Just did a test and tweaked the share ratio to see if it makes any difference.
Screenshot 2021-12-22 224111.jpg
Screenshot 2021-12-22 224111.jpg (73.33 KiB) Viewed 13878 times
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks - the ratio in your pic is 0.007, so long way to the 2.0, needing ~40gb and ~20gb upload respectively for rule to take effect.

For testing then I would change it to minimum allowed, so 0.5 in GTK-UI, and 0 I believe in webUI(and consoleUI). Btw, you can also test with 0 in GTK-UI through editing core.conf with deluge closed and then in GTK-UI not opening preferences, as that will revert ratio back to 0.5 again automatically whenever opened).
mub
New User
New User

Post by mub »

Oh now that is interesting. I took the share ratio setting to mean "this value or lower" but it sounds like it should be "this value or higher".

What we need is a simplified option that says "Remove or pause when download complete".
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Yes you're right, indeed it's a "minimum" rule.

Its hardcoded to min 0.5 as said, for encouraging sharing, though if you search around here, then have been brought up before with way to hack it, or use method I described before, but as said then only needed for GTK-UI, as web-UI and console-UI does support 0 share ratio if I remember correct.

As reffered to, it's not considered good torrenting etiquette, so such simplified option probably not something that is on the table, or so I'm guessing atleast.

Happy you figured it out and happy holidays mate :)
mub
New User
New User

Post by mub »

The etiquette thing makes sense. I do this to minimise impact on other users on my network. I provide reasonable upload speed while I'm downloading to try to do my bit.

Thanks for help all. :)
mub
New User
New User

Post by mub »

So I just tried set to zero and still doesn't delete the torrent. I'm clearly doing something wrong. It used to just work when it was installed on my Pi.

Is there a working plugin I can use instead?
Screenshot 2021-12-24 184152.jpg
Screenshot 2021-12-24 184152.jpg (61.54 KiB) Viewed 13798 times