Hi

Versions:

Code: Select all

arahknxs@flyforanrpi:~ $  cat /etc/os-release
PRETTY_NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)"

arahknxs@flyforanrpi:~ $ python -V
Python 3.8.0

arahknxs@flyforanrpi:~ $ uname -a
Linux flyforanrpi 5.10.60-v7l+ #1449 SMP Wed Aug 25 15:00:44 BST 2021 armv7l GNU/Linux
So I upgraded my python using this guide: https://itheo.tech/install-python-3-8-o ... pberry-pi/

Now when I run "deluged", I get this:

Code: Select all

arahknxs@flyforanrpi:~ $ deluged
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/deluged", line 6, in <module>
    from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3251, in <module>
    def _initialize_master_working_set():
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3234, in _call_aside
    f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3263, in _initialize_master_working_set
    working_set = WorkingSet._build_master()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 583, in _build_master
    ws.require(__requires__)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 900, in require
    needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 786, in resolve
    raise DistributionNotFound(req, requirers)
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'deluge==1.3.15' distribution was not found and is required by the application
Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Cheers!
ara
mhertz

Re: Upgraded to python 3.8 and now deluged won't start

Post by mhertz »

You have changed default python of system to python3 instead of python2, but you run deluge1, which needs python2, hence your issue.

Here's a few posts detailing the 'update-alternatives' command you used from your link - first is a user doing what you did somewhat and wanting reversed, and next is general primer of the command. I'd guess you could either simply resort to running 'sudo update-alternatives --config python' and press a number at the shown prompt to select python2 and not python3, or could just remove python3 completely from it, through 'sudo update-alternatives --remove python /usr/bin/python3.8'.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/430 ... eaking-apt
https://linuxhint.com/update_alternatives_ubuntu/
arahknxs
New User
New User

Re: Upgraded to python 3.8 and now deluged won't start

Post by arahknxs »

Thanks for your reply. I've followed your suggestion and set python back to 2 for now so I can continue using deluged.

Cheers
ara