Questions regarding Deluge 2.x, Multi User support, and the console.

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Formula Juan

Questions regarding Deluge 2.x, Multi User support, and the console.

Post by Formula Juan »

I'm looking into finally upgrading to 2.x, now that it and all the plugins I use are supported / up to date for both Linux and Windows.

One of the things I've read in the release notes is that "multi user" support has been added. I've tried looking for more info in regards to what that actually means and what new features it brings but I haven't found anything.

So could someone please tell me a bit more about what multi user support actually does?

I'm especially interested in whether it would allow me to further segregate my torrents as I'd like to be able to have certain, spammy torrents (such as individual episodes of long running series) not clutter up my UI when I don't need them to.

One other area I'm interested in but that is lacking in the official documentation, is the console. My current setup uses the Execute plugin to trigger a console script. I'd love to be able to enhance the function of said script but the console commands just don't exist. So (fingers crossed)... has the console had any new commands / functionality added?*

*I see that Deluge 2.x has added a feature that lets you pick and choose what files to download when adding a torrent via a Magnet. One feature I'd be especially interested in with the console commands is that ability to select which files within a torrent are downloaded and which are not.