Execute and Notification Plugins 2.0.3 Raspberry Pi

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
bookedirl

Execute and Notification Plugins 2.0.3 Raspberry Pi

Post by bookedirl »

I'm running deluge 2.0.3 on raspberry pi 4. I'm having issues with the execute plug-in (torrent complete) and notifications plug-ins not working. Not really sure where to begin to see what the cause is. I was previously using 1.3.15 and both worked fine. What could cause these not to work?
mhertz

Re: Execute and Notification Plugins 2.0.3 Raspberry Pi

Post by mhertz »

Yes, these issues are fixed in current deluge develop branch.

Fixed Notifications plugin: viewtopic.php?p=233720#p233720

Fixed Execute plugin: (Hmm, thought I built and posted before, but apparently not - was an issue only on windows - I'll make and upload later when home, and will just edit this thread then. Ohh, you're on raspbian, so I don't know if will fix it, probably not, but will post anyway later)

Fixed AutoAdd, though not requested, but for others reading: viewtopic.php?t=55968

Drop plugin(s) in your deluge profile dir's plugins dir and restart deluge/daemons(don't have to delete the old included ones as new ones takes precedence).
bookedirl

Post by bookedirl »

Thanks for the reply!

Okay, well that's good to know that it was not me messing up something.

I have tried to install the eggs through the webui as well as the thin client and both don't seem to work. On the webui it uploads it as [Object fileList] and in the thin client it uploads it but doesn't update in the plugins page. I have restarted all the services including a complete reboot of my Pi.

Code: Select all

-rw-rw-r-- 1 debian-deluged dietpi 36947 Nov 15 15:15  Notifications-0.4.egg
-rw-r----- 1 debian-deluged dietpi 36947 Nov 15 15:13 '[object FileList]'
is there another step I'm missing?
bookedirl

Post by bookedirl »

Alright, not sure what happened but I got the notification plug in to work. Just need to figure out the execute plugin.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Yeah sometimes there's a webUI plugin install bug making that object filelist error or whatever, hence I always advice install plugins manually imto your deluge profile dir's plugins folder, often it's '/var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/plugins' but sometimes otherplace.

It will not list anything new under plugins, sorry for not describing better - it will just use the new version instead of old - if you mouse-click on plugin name, then will list v1.4 instead of v1.3(as default provided with deluge 2.0.3).

As said before, the new Execute plugin fixes a windows issue and few smaller stuff, so not sure this is related to your issue then, but here you go:

https://paste.c-net.org/BrittanyMargate
bookedirl

Post by bookedirl »

Thank you! the new execute plugin fixed the issue and it now will run scripts after a torrent has finished :)
cara
New User
New User

Post by cara »

Acquire a useful new knowledge. Thanks to the site for providing very good documentation and information.
wordle