Fedora 34 - Deluge Daemon 2.0.3 lies about port being in use by another service

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
mhertz

Re: Fedora 34 - Deluge Daemon 2.0.3 lies about port being in use by another service

Post by mhertz »

Strange, yes I could connect here, without that option also. Hope you succede, good luck :)

Edit: Just in case, in webui open preferences and enable remote connections.

Also you could try add e.g test:test:10 to auth of deluge profile and connect with those creds.

You can also delete profile dirs and start fresh.

Last, official guide states also:

"Accessing deluged service with local UI Client ¶
When attempting to access a daemon deluged on the same machine but running as a different user e.g. your login user is user and deluged is running as deluge, you may be unable access to deluged. This is due to the client automatically authorising using the localhost line in the auth file, which is assumed to be at the same config location as deluged.

The workaround is to replace the localclient line in your user config auth file (~/.config/deluge/auth) with the localclient line from the deluged config auth file e.g. /var/lib/deluge/auth."
Source: https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Use ... ThinClient
swills1
New User
New User

Re: Fedora 34 - Deluge Daemon 2.0.3 lies about port being in use by another service

Post by swills1 »

Thanks so much for all of your help. So far I have had the best luck with 2.0.3 but the version in Fedora's Rawhide repo. It's the FC36 version where stable is fc35 since 35 is the latest version of Fedora. I turn off autoadd when I don't need it and never see a problem. Thanks again.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

You're welcome and yeah, I just looked up that package and they seemingly backport the important fixes from develop, and/or add own, so is fine to use - would be nice if same was done on e.g ubuntu.

Anyway, I hope Cas soon cuts a 2.0.4 release - granted it's a big job I read him say, but e.g could make like was many years ago and say packaging is up to package-maintainers/one-self and not dev "team", well that's actually also like now I believe anyway.