[Deluge 2.x] periodicaly crashing

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
h7x
New User
New User

[Deluge 2.x] periodicaly crashing

Post by h7x »

Hi, Deluge has been periodically crashing.
I recently started using the 2.x version of Deluge. I used to use the 1.3x version of Deluge, and it didn't crash.

On both versions I use the plugins: Blocklist, Stats, and YaRSS2

Here is my version data:

Code: Select all

deluge-gtk 2.0.4.dev56
libtorrent: 1.2.14.0
Python: 3.9.7
Here is some of the terminate output a crash:

(deluge:12625): Gtk-WARNING **: 17:02:31.418: Invalid text buffer iterator: either the iterator is uninitialized, or the characters/pixbufs/widgets in the buffer have been modified since the iterator was created.
You must use marks, character numbers, or line numbers to preserve a position across buffer modifications.
You can apply tags and insert marks without invalidating your iterators,
but any mutation that affects 'indexable' buffer contents (contents that can be referred to by character offset)
will invalidate all outstanding iterators
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
and from another crash:

/home/USER/.config/deluge/plugins/YaRSS2-2.1.5-py3.9.egg/yarss2/include/requests/requests/__init__.py:89: RequestsDependencyWarning: urllib3 (1.25.6) or chardet (4.0.0) doesn't match a supported version!
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
and from another crash:

Gtk:ERROR:../gtk/gtk/gtktextlayout.c:2455:gtk_text_layout_get_line_display: code should not be reached
Bail out! Gtk:ERROR:../gtk/gtk/gtktextlayout.c:2455:gtk_text_layout_get_line_display: code should not be reached
Aborted (core dumped)
mhertz

Re: [Deluge 2.x] periodicaly crashing

Post by mhertz »

Yeah, seen that reported before, e.g also on windows using unofficial deluge2 installer - I couldn't reproduce when running a couple test in 4-6 hours, neither previously testing on a windows VM, or on arch, but didn't ran longer and only with few torrents loaded. BTW, the user reporting previously, also used yarss2, and through the times often crashing has been reported with that.

If you have "show pieces" enabled then disable, and stats plugin spams log every second - both fixed in newer dev builds than yours.

There was an unofficial patch by tobbez workarounding a crash sometimes happening related to pixbuf and retrieving tracker ico's, but I applied that also to the unofficial Windows installer previously, and didn't help the reporter sadly, so maybe is gtk as per your logs, or yarss2 in a deluge2 support issue seemingly.

Sorry cannot give any actual useful help. Best bet is to make ticket on deluge bugtracker(or search if one already and post in that) and best if can give scenario to reproduce if possible. Otherwise general recommendation by Cas for this when reported, is to run in thinclient mode and only open UI when needed/on-demand.

Edit: Several reporting crashes on deluge2 with yarss2 in this ticket: https://bitbucket.org/bendikro/deluge-y ... luge-often - No resolution yet sadly.
h7x
New User
New User

Re: [Deluge 2.x] periodicaly crashing

Post by h7x »

Hi,
Thanks for your reply! I found that disabling "show pieces" seemed to help a bit, but it didn't completely resolve the problem. Disabling the RSS plugin did completely resolve the problem.