filter on name of torrent in the list

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
4vanalles

filter on name of torrent in the list

Post by 4vanalles »

Hi,
Just installed deludge a few days ago to replace Qbittorrent.
I like it sofar an think I ca be happy using it but I fail one thing that I quite often used.

A filter on the file names. I Have been searching but still cannot find it. I possibly overlook it somewhere?
Could anyone enlighten me? :?:
mhertz

Re: filter on name of torrent in the list

Post by mhertz »

I believe there's only the standard basic Gtk.SearchBar widget in GTK-UI, which is entered by typing some characters, e.g. in main torrent list or under the 'Files' tab for searching filenames etc. You can also press ctrl+F to open that widget at top, to search for torrents.
4vanalles

Post by 4vanalles »

Sorry I am new to this program
What is the GTK UI? Where do I find it and how to use it?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

There's 3 UIs in deluge I.e GTK-UI , web-UI and console-UI. On windows(from your profile), the GTK-UI is run whenever running the main deluge.exe program.
4vanalles

Post by 4vanalles »

I have installed :

Client: 1.3.15
Server: 1.3.15
libtorrent: 1.0.11.0
And in the preferences for interface I see only a checkbox for classic interface
Is the GTK-UI something that I need to install next to deludge?
I searched for GTK-UI but that looks pretty generic?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

No, you have it already, that's just referenced as GTK-UI often :) Sorry, thought you where on windows because of your profile. I don't know if gtk2 as used in deluge 1.x also has such searchbar, and to lazy to look it up now, but if you enter some letters, then doesn't searchbar appear in lower right corner? That is what it's like in deluge 2.x. I don't think you have the ctrl+F on deluge 1.x, but could be wrong.
4vanalles

Post by 4vanalles »

I am on windows.
i did not find a deludge2 Is that available?
I found that searc now but that only seems to work for the bottom panel Where details , peers atc. are.
this does nothing ons the torrent names I have in the list.
I used that function a lot i Qbittorrent But that one is not allowed anymore at some of my favorite sources
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I'm sorry, I don't know why I suddenly thought you where on Linux all of a sudden lol, must've been tired yesterday, or atleast mildly confused somehow :)

There's no deluge2 installer on windows, but if wanted there's an unofficial deluge2 windows installer by petersasi if interested testing, also the newest version provided is actually kindly built and supplied by fmar, which both has windows 7 and 10 versions provided, here links for both if interested:

Unofficial Deluge 2 for Windows 7 + 10 - Curtesy of fmar.
Unofficial Deluge 2.0.x for Windows installer - Curtesy of petersasi.

I tested previously on the files tab, as thought originally you asked for that, when mentioned "a filter on filenames", but could be torrent filenames too, so pretty sure I tested it in main torrent list also, maybe you need select a torrent first or mouse-click an empy place in torrent list to change focus to there. Granted was on deluge2, and also I could remember wrong(not at my computer now). Not optimal I know, but all there is, and I couldn't find no plugin for this neither upon quick search I did yesterday. Deluge2 has additionally that ctrl+F searchbar for the main torrent-list, which I don't think is on deluge1 but as said, could be wrong about that.
4vanalles

Post by 4vanalles »

Hi Thanks that does the trick:)
Now I just have to solve one thing
When I download a torrent the ,torrent file does nog go to the folder I have set in the prefs.H:\torrerent new.
It is still placed in the default download folder.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

You're welcome mate.

Hmm, that's strange, don't know why that is, except if not permission to save into there, which also was what Cas the lead dev replied when one reported this several years ago, that or the folder doesn't exist he replied. You could enable debug-logging and check for if errors shown, also restart deluge after setting that option, just in case, if haven't already. I only can test on deluge2 on linux, and it works fine here when I just tested it, and a copy of the .torrent file was copied to the destination dir i specified in download preferences of deluge.

If wanna check debug logging, then official instructions here: https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Tro ... ugeLogging
Note, the windows instructions at bottom lists %programfiles%, but if using a x64 OS like most do, then should be changed to %programfiles(x86)%, unless using the unofficial deluge2 windows installer, where %programfiles% is fine.