500 lines of errors in syslog when deluged starts -- constant running errors

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
iconoclasthero

500 lines of errors in syslog when deluged starts -- constant running errors

Post by iconoclasthero »

I started looking at my syslog because it was becoming enormous and I was getting notices that / was filling up. (/var/log/syslog.1 is 1.6 GB).

I noticed a set of what appeared to be repeating errors: https://pastebin.com/3EhXUXEw

One of them was the Stats-0.4.egg plugin so I disabled it and then `sudo systemctl restart deluged`.

I looked at syslog and had to increasing the number of lines I tailed just to see the error lines from deluged starting... Almost 500 lines of errors to the syslog on start. I really can't parse these errors so any help would be appreciated: https://pastebin.com/SyzqrTE7
mhertz

Re: 500 lines of errors in syslog when deluged starts -- constant running errors

Post by mhertz »

The stats plugin is fixed in develop branch.

Much/most of rest is because needs a backported commit also from develop branch, e.g I previously posted a command-line to apply this, which I copy/pasted here again, if wanted:

Code: Select all

sudo find / -path "*/python*/*/deluge/i18n/util.py" -exec sed -i "s/names='ngettext'/names=['ngettext']/" {} \;
sudo find / -path "*/python*/*/deluge/log.py" -exec sudo sed -i 's/stack_info=False/*args, **kwargs/' {} \;
The first line is another bugfix from develop branch, showing ngettext error whenever starting deluged otherwise.
iconoclasthero

Re: 500 lines of errors in syslog when deluged starts -- constant running errors

Post by iconoclasthero »

Just getting back to this. I ran those two lines of code, but simply disabling the stats seems to have gone a long way to not have syslog taking over my my root SSD.

The dev branch is a problem because there are sites that do not accept the use of dev brances.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Cool, glad you got it sorted :) Yeah, I meant you could possibly just replace/backport the stats plugin, or fix, from develop, to yours.

Anyway, if you or others wants the stats plugin, then I built and uploaded latest stats plugin from develop branch, just drop it into deluge profile plugins dir, restart, and it will take precedense, as I upped the version(as develop hasen't upped the stats plugin version from deluge 2.0.3) and changed entry-points needed for dockers:

Stats-0.5.egg
iconoclasthero

Post by iconoclasthero »

Thanks!
Honestly, I don't remember what the stats plugin was for and now that I don't have that tab in the torrent details section, I don't really miss it.