TrueNAS FreeBSD has no plugins after installation

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
muchieman
New User
New User

TrueNAS FreeBSD has no plugins after installation

Post by muchieman »

I just installed it from the available plugins in TrueNAS, I need the labels plugin but it's not there even though it's supposed to be included? I don't see any plugins. I tried uploading it, but it uploaded [object Object] lol. I manually uploaded it and it still doesn't show up. Anyone know what's going on?
mhertz

Re: TrueNAS FreeBSD has no plugins after installation

Post by mhertz »

No, sorry, except I believe atleast some NAS deluge builds are still using the py2 fallback mode of deluge2, meaning the plugins need be built with python2 and have the correct version in the filename, i.e. *-py2.7.egg or 2.6. I've seen once having no plugins when building deluge, and needed rename the plugin-filenames of included plugins for them to show up, so maybe same issue here. If this is same situation, then you need deluge2 versions of plugins, but need them in py2 builds, which is pretty rare indeed, I don't think anyone makes that honestly, so would need build yourself. The error you quted happens on some plugins when installed from webUI and need manual install, and you either have wrong plugin build(need py2 version) or wrong python version in filename.

Sorry little confusing and no exact pinpointing help to offer, except some theory merelly.

Edit: There was another truenas user with a plugin problem also, some months ago, which got his needed plugin autoremoveplus, to show up by using py3.8 version, so what I said about py2 was probably only a special Nas version and not generally or have changed in meantime. Anyway, if related then need py3 version of deluge2 plugins in py3.8 version, or rename to 3.8 in filename - you can also delete the "-py3.x" part of filename altogether which usually works on py3(or check which python specifically in your Nas, with 'python -V' or 'python3 -V' for the renaming. The other user copied plugin into ~/.config/deluge/plugins with pscp he reported, and I remember in other thread reading a user's Nas deluge profile was in /root/home/deluge/.config/deluge/plugins. Check where the included plugins in located/installed and try rename to correct python version if wrong, or remove the py part as mentioned - if you can go into your nas in a terminal, then can find plugins I guess, by e.g as root, or use sudo in front if not:

Code: Select all

find / -path */python*/*/deluge/plugins/*.egg

(Not at my computer to test if correct line)

Good luck.