Torrents not removed after hitting seed ratio

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
eds89

Torrents not removed after hitting seed ratio

Post by eds89 »

Hello,

I have my Deluge client configured to stop at a seed ratio of 2, and for the torrent to be removed.
However, this setting does not seem to be effective, and the torrents simply become paused once that ratio is hit.

Any thoughts on why the torrent isn't auto removing as well once it hits that ratio, given it's just a simple tick box in the "Queue" section in preferences?

Cheers
Eds
mhertz

Re: Torrents not removed after hitting seed ratio

Post by mhertz »

Sorry no, but this has been reported several times throughout the years, though I never been able to reproduce this myself despite trying, so never reported on bugtracker.

In one older thread, Shryp came with helpful comment about if having changed settings after adding torrents, as the global options is defaults for new torrents only. Older torrents have to be configured individually after the fact. One of the persons having issues selected to remove a torrent after seed ratio, in the individual torrent options and that worked when ratio hit, though we never heard if was because of the before mentioned "changed global settings after adding torrents" issue. If not, then you need enable debug-logging and run untill one torrent gets paused and then post log here in code box tags, while removing unneeded stuff. Check wiki for logging instructions - if using thinclient and deluge user, then start deluged manually with debug-logging enabled from said deluge user, by preceding command-line from wiki with 'sudo -u deluge'.

Good luck.
eds89

Post by eds89 »

I think the issue may be when adding torrents via Sonarr/Radarr, as recent ones added via those apps (after my global defaults have been changed), do not seem to have that option enabled.
If I manually add a torrent via a magnet link, it seems to adhere to all globally defined settings.

Is it possible Sonarr/Radarr are adding torrents in an unusual way that causes them to ignore the global settings?

If I take one of those torrents that is paused that has hit the ratio, and enable the option to remove at the ratio, I cannot get it to remove itself by manually starting the torrent, and still has to be removed manually. This is a side issue however and not too big of a deal.

Cheers
Eds
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Yeah, quick googling this, reveals sonarr adds torrents with additional params to the deluge API call, specifically overriding global remove_at_ratio, setting it to false(also overriding start_paused additionally btw).

I don't know much about this honestly, actually nothing at all as never tried these services myself. I believe there's options in sonar itself to delete from deluge, but maybe fails for you too.

All I can suggest is maybe check if there's any debug logging regarding this, e.g there where reports of qbittorrent failing the commands from sonar to delete in the logs.

Also, workaround maybe by trying labelplus or autoremoveplus plugins, the latter from springjools additionally has specific sonarr/radar/lidarr related options/integration added, and in the thread here I once posted a version with fixed gtk3UI settings-menu(for springjools version, as tote94 one already works, though I fixed a bug in his too, and posted build), and a bug fix and new option, as author haven't had time to implement my submitted fixes at his github yet.
eds89

Post by eds89 »

Thank you for that, I'll check those out, and also query with the Sonarr community to see what others might be doing.
eds89

Post by eds89 »

You were right;
Sonarr community pointed me to a setting in Sonarr to control seed ratio, which I have now set explicitly.
I will see what happens with the next torrent that gets added by one of these apps!

Many thanks!
Eds
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

You're very welcome mate, hope it works now for you then :)
bettycooper
New User
New User

Post by bettycooper »

This setting does not seem to be effective, and the torrents simply become resumed once that ratio is reached. If you're unable to fix the problem, you may want to try changing the seed ratio.mapquest driving directions