[closed]cannot move download folder

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
CDF-H
New User
New User

[closed]cannot move download folder

Post by CDF-H »

I'm running deluged and the web-ui and I cannot move anything anywhere regardless of permissions. I don't know where to even begin. Any suggestions?

edit: I've even tried creating a folder with the exact same permissions as the default download folder and it didn't move to it. I hit move and absolutely nothing happens.
Last edited by CDF-H on Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mhertz

Re: cannot move download folder

Post by mhertz »

I'm presuming you're running deluged/deluge-web from the default provided systemd-services of deluge arch repo package, so running under an unpriveleged 'deluge' user - check if a permission issue, which i'm guessing, by running e..g 'sudo -u deluge touch <dir>\foo', where '<dir>' is changed to the dir you're trying to move into. As long as this doesn't work, it won't work in deluge neither. The dir you're downloading or moving into, also needs have the dirs before it to have executable permissions to traverse through, and itself needs have write permissions. By default the home-dir of your user misses executable bit by default(only has for own user account by default), so this is maybe the issue if trying move anywhere under own user-dir, despite it having propper permissions itself, but just un-traverseble i.e. cannot be accessed regardless.

There's also an issue with moving when using libtorrent under 1.2.10 and cannot remember in which version started, but since you're using arch, then should be using v1.2.14 so unrelated.
CDF-H
New User
New User

Re: cannot move download folder

Post by CDF-H »

mhertz wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:00 pm I'm presuming you're running deluged/deluge-web from the default provided systemd-services of deluge arch repo package, so running under an unpriveleged 'deluge' user - check if a permission issue, which i'm guessing, by running e..g 'sudo -u deluge touch <dir>\foo', where '<dir>' is changed to the dir you're trying to move into. As long as this doesn't work, it won't work in deluge neither. The dir you're downloading or moving into, also needs have the dirs before it to have executable permissions to traverse through, and itself needs have write permissions. By default the home-dir of your user misses executable bit by default(only has for own user account by default), so this is maybe the issue if trying move anywhere under own user-dir, despite it having propper permissions itself, but just un-traverseble i.e. cannot be accessed regardless.

There's also an issue with moving when using libtorrent under 1.2.10 and cannot remember in which version started, but since you're using arch, then should be using v1.2.14 so unrelated.
Thanks. I don't know if this would have solved it but I'm marking the tread closed. I ran into some other issues and decided to switch back to a linux distro I'm more familiar with and everything is working now.