Torrents don't seed (queue settings)

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Cas_vt

Torrents don't seed (queue settings)

Post by Cas_vt »

I have downloading setup the following:
  • [1] Download 1 torrent at the time at full speed.
  • [2] When done downloading (100%), "move" the torrent to the seeding list/queue.
  • [3] Move on to the next torrent in the download queue (and start at step 1 again).

Very normal.

Now I want to do the same for seeding:
  • [0] When a torrent is done downloading, it "moves" to the seeding queue.
  • [1] Seed 1 torrent at the time at full speed until XYZ share ratio is reached.
  • [2] When that share ratio is reached, it puts the torrent in "complete" state, and sonarr/radarr will import it and remove the torrent.
  • [3] Move on to the next torrent in the seeding queue (and start at step 1 again).
However this is harder to accomplish than I thought.
-------------------------------
Queue:

Total: -1
Downloading: 1
Seeding: 1

Ignore slow torrents: false
Prefer seeding torrents: false

Share Ratio: -1
Time Ratio: -1
Time (m): -1

Share Ratio: (true) 1.2
Pause torrent: true
Remove torrent: false
-----------------------------

As you can see, both Downloading and Seeding is set to 1 torrent at the time. I have (the first setting called) Share Ratio, Time Ratio and Time (m) all set to -1 because I want the torrent to seed as fast as possible until (the second setting called) Share Ratio is reached. However, this doesn't work.

At the moment, a downloading torrent seeds very slowly. AKA it is downloading and uploading at the same time, but the downloading goes at 3MiB/s, and the uploading at 20KiB/s, eventhough it CAN go to 1MiB/s+. So why isn't it doing that then?

And the top torrent in the seeding queue is "Seeding 100%" but the share ratio is 0.000 and upspeed is 0. So it should be seeding but instead, it is litterly doing nothing. It just sits there doing nothing. The other torrents in the seeding queue are all "Queued 100%". However they'll never get the change to seed because the first torrent in the queue is supposed to seed but doesn't do it.

So what settings do I need to change to make it work?

P.S. I've never completely understood the settings in the Queue tab, but also couldn't find any documentation about it.
zoniacoble
New User
New User

Re: Torrents don't seed (queue settings)

Post by zoniacoble »

Hi buddy, did you find the way, even am trying similar stuff.
slope game
Last edited by zoniacoble on Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cas_vt

Post by Cas_vt »

Hey @zoniacoble,
I still haven't found a way to make it work...
7000+ views but nobody want's to help
fmar
Leecher
Leecher

Post by fmar »

Cas_vt wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:22 am ...but nobody want's to help
I wouldn't say don't want, it's probably nobody knows how. It could be any of the settings that interferes with your download speed.

What I would recommend: try if setting "Prefer seeding torrents" helps speeding up your download speed while you're seeding.
Set your download speed to about 90% of your actual possible download speed, so the network has some headroom left.
Check if Deluge is able to receive connections (port open etc.). Do you see incoming connections?