Deluge download speed issues

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
GeorgeSteven
New User
New User

Deluge download speed issues

Post by GeorgeSteven »

Hi all. I've had this issue for a while and have tried figuring out what is causing it and haven't been successful in getting to the bottom of it.
This is what is going on:
When I download torrents in Deluge, my download is getting maxed out around 50MBps (400mbps). I have a 1000/1000 fiber line that pulls a constant 940/940 when I test the line. My entire network is at Gb speeds. It happens even with torrents that have thousands of seeders that I can get 900+ speeds on a different machine, I just can't get that speed in the deluge. I can transfer files to and from my server at 900+ Mbps speeds with no issue, so I know the server is interfacing at gig speeds. I have checked my settings in the deluge, and as far as I can tell, there isn't anything restricting my speeds.

Any ideas? Hoping someone has experienced something like this before.
mhertz

Re: Deluge download speed issues

Post by mhertz »

It could be an uTP issue, and I would try atleast setting mixed_mode_algo to 0, or maybe disabling uTP completely if not helping much(enable_incoming_utp,enable_outgoing_utp). Libtorrent is tweaked/tuned for a regular setup/line to multi-task while torrenting, but if you wanna further tune it to your line/system, then there's a wealth of other options, which like the previous mentioned is exposed to us through the awesome ltconfig plugin by ratanakvlun. The easiest is simply enable 'high performance seed' preset in it, which is tuned for a powerful server with big line(it only mentions uploading in docs, but I once asked Arvid, the lead libtorrent dev, and he said it also is tuned regarding downloads). Granted you may need tweak it somewhat afterwards, e.g if breaking your router with its e.g deluge defined default of 20 or 30 to now 500 connections per seccond(tcp, not uTP) and many more torrents running at once etc. The preset has that mixed_mode setting defined already, but doesn't disable uTP, which can speed up little more at times(in some cases more, when issue with the congestion algo calculations for your network, and on VPNs often etc), but anyway, something to try.

I'm not at my computer now, so please just search yourself, 'ltconfig deluge' and is gotten from ratanakvlun's ltconfig github page(under 'Releases'). Note there's sometimes a bug, where you cannot change settings in ltconfig, as the checkboxes don't respond to mouse clicks, and so if encountering that, then you can workaround this by using space key instead. Also, libtorrent options I referenced, is from memory, so might not be fully exact, sorry.

Good luck.