Cannot add torrent from private tracker via URL

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
pythonn
New User
New User

Cannot add torrent from private tracker via URL

Post by pythonn »

Hello! I'm a new member of IPTorrents, and for some reason, I cannot seem to get deluge to add torrents from that site via URL. If I download the torrent and add the file, it works, but then I've got multiple versions of the torrent being tracked because the IP addresses of the computer on which I download the torrent and the raspberry pi on which I'm running deluge are obviously different.

So... is there somewhere in deluge to enter my credentials for IPT? or... what? How do I get this to work?

Thanks!
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Cannot add torrent from private tracker via URL

Post by shamael »

The same here so just a partial answer:
If I download the torrent and add the file, it works, but then I've got multiple versions of the torrent being tracked because the IP addresses of the computer on which I download the torrent and the raspberry pi on which I'm running deluge are obviously different
Does it remains after download? The D/L of the .torrent file does not initiate the content download so should not hurt.
Beside I guess both the RPI and your computer are behind the same public IP, with only one with a client mentioned.

The IP of the computer d/l the .torrent is irrelevant, think about people managing seedbox remotely.
Maybe check on their forum, but this is a legit way to work with torrent so...