Unable to install any plugins

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Keven
New User
New User

Unable to install any plugins

Post by Keven »

Hi, i just install deluge 2.0.3 via the plugins tab in my TrueNAS 12.0-U2.1

i downloaded YaRRS2.1.5 / 2.0.0 / 2.1.4 and then went to deluge web interface and clicked on install in the plugins section of deluge's preferences. it opened a windows to browse egg, i clicked on Browse and went to choose YaRSS egg file, then open and then it display in grey in the box [Object FileList]. I then clicked on install and the windows tried to load something and closed with no plugins
Capture d'écran 2021-04-26 14.24.54.png
Capture d'écran 2021-04-26 14.24.54.png (28.83 KiB) Viewed 9273 times
Capture d'écran 2021-04-26 14.26.33.png
Capture d'écran 2021-04-26 14.26.33.png (131.52 KiB) Viewed 9273 times
Capture d'écran 2021-04-26 14.26.38.png
Capture d'écran 2021-04-26 14.26.38.png (60.73 KiB) Viewed 9273 times
i tried many yaRSS version and also autoremove just to be sure it wasn't a specific plugin the problem
ashmandias

Re: Unable to install any plugins

Post by ashmandias »

https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Plugins

The RSS plugin requires one of the thick clients.

Same with the autoremove plugin.

edit to add, the autoremove plugins also does not support Deluge 2.x, so that's another issue.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

That webui install error is a bug easily workaround'ed by manually moving plugins into deluge profile folder(s). I don't know if will work without GTKUI through the daemon, I mean if having yarss2 config-file in place already, but I would suspect it does, but dunno, and is another issue. (Edit: yarss2 docs state it does btw)

In addition to ashmandias other correct comment about autoremoveplus, then two forks exist that does, one by tote94 named as v2 and another by springjools where preferences page doesn't work in GTKUI but still works, and can be setup from webui or manually editing config file - note in my testing totes fork only work when GUI open and not in daemon standalone, but springjools fork does.
Keven
New User
New User

Post by Keven »

do you know where the deluge profile folders are because i google it and got no result and also look with the CLI in the jail's folder and couldn't find it
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Sorry no idea about this regarding truenas/jails. Normally it's in the deluge running users '.config\deluge' folder, you can run 'ps aux | grep deluge' in jails shell I'd guess, to see which user deluge running under, and then e.g 'echo ~foo' to find home-folder of user 'foo' or whatever running deluged. Another truenas user here, posted his profile was "\root\home\deluge\.config\deluge\plugins\", but it still didn't work installing plugins manually, as after a restart still didn't show up in list - note you need rename plugin to match correct python version in that truenas, if there isn't one available to download in correct version already, or just remove the 'py3.x' part of plugin filename.
ashmandias

Post by ashmandias »

Keven wrote:do you know where the deluge profile folders are because i google it and got no result and also look with the CLI in the jail's folder and couldn't find it
It's most likely ~/.config/deluge. If not, you can find out by looking at the process list and seeing where deluge is running from.
Bananaman
New User
New User

Post by Bananaman »

I got AutoRemovePlus-2.0.0-py3.8.egg working by dropping it in the plugins folder with pscp
~/.config/deluge/plugins