Sonarr is copying files before they are done extracting

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
DeMiNe0
New User
New User

Sonarr is copying files before they are done extracting

Post by DeMiNe0 »

I'm using Deluge with the Simple Extractor plugin to extract rar files in place. Sonarr seems to be copying the file to my media library before the extractor is finished which results in it only copying about half the file. It seems that Deluge marks the download complete before the extractor runs, and sonarr uses the downloaded status to start it's copy. I haven't found a way to delay sonarr's copy; otherwise this would be a very easy fix.

I've seen this pop up a few times and people suggest extracting the file somewhere else, then copying it back to the original download folder once it's done extracting. Simple Extractor will let you copy it outside the directory, however I have no way to put it back to the original folder once it's done.

It also seems that even if I select "Move on completion", it moves the file first, THEN extracts it; which kind of defeats the purpose. Anyone have any other idea's of things I could try?
digitalhigh

Re: Sonarr is copying files before they are done extracting

Post by digitalhigh »

Do you have any idea how long this has bothered me?

Basically, for about as long as the SimpleExtractor V2 plugin was in existence.

Fortunately, I finally got bored and annoyed enough, and fixed it.

New plugin is here, if you still happen to be using Deluge: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=56192

Also, "Move on completion" will probably not work, it was one of the limitations of the original plugin. But maybe I'll see if I can fix that.
oneidakohl
New User
New User

Re: Sonarr is copying files before they are done extracting

Post by oneidakohl »

The new plugin works for me