How to be most seedy

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
fbicknel
New User
New User

How to be most seedy

Post by fbicknel »

(That could use some wordsmithing...)

What I mean to say is, which statistic (seeders, peers, seeders/peers, etc) should I look at while cleaning out old torrents if I want to leave the "rarest" torrents to seed because no one else is?

Also what is the (parenthetical) portion of Seeders and Peers vs. the non-parenthetical part?
mhertz

Re: How to be most seedy

Post by mhertz »

1. I'm no expert on this, so please others correct me if wrong, but personally i'd go for seeds and availability. Availability is the best indicator, but as includes peers which probably will leave again a portion atleast and seeds i'd guess are more suspected to stick for longer, since already is.

2. Peers/seeds you're connected too, and in parenthesis is an estimated value of peers/seeds in swarm based upon metrics delivered from the connected trackers and/or peer-cache, but shouldn't be taken literal and just approximatelly.
fbicknel
New User
New User

Post by fbicknel »

Thanks. I, too, thought availability made the most sense, but unfortunately they're all 0.000, so either doesn't work or it's not a good metric.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

The availability is 0 once the torrent is in seeding state and updated during a download (see your other topic).
The ratio and seeders is what a look but at the end is often my personal interest to keep something alive.