Ethernal war with Deluged

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
trueotacon

Re: Ethernal war with Deluged

Post by trueotacon »

Maybe I need to reset completly. I'm trying to make it work but it seems impossible. For suce something is wrong in config files / permissions / users / package. Don't know. Now, I can confirm that "something" modify my /srv/deluge core.config. If I stop the daemon, make a modification, save the file, and then restart the daemon, soonero or later the file will be modified by something. I mean download folder, options, don't know. Sometimes the config file will be untouched afer restart but will be modified after "sudo -r deluge deluge-console" launch, sometimes the file will be replaced completly imidiet immediately after daemon start.
Now I can access deluge-console via "sudo -u deluge deluge-console" but every torrent file that I add will turn RED. In detail it seems that every file is bloccked... I had chabged the owner of download folder, but nothing change. Terribile... I'm so sad about how hard is deluge. Maybe only rtorrent-ps is worse for dificulty
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

It's probably easier for you to run with local user, so if wanted, then do the stuff I stated in last part of previous post, and then always run deluge-console without any sudo in-front, so only 'deluge-console', and all your configs are in ~/.config/deluge'. Then you also don't need changing hostlist.conf or auth files, if just running deluge-console and deluged on same computer, and by default the download dir is '/home/user/Downloads' and no permission issues at all. Though up to you of-course. Delete the ~/.config/deluge folder initially to start fresh possibly, with deluged closed. Still need edit core.conf with deluged closed, for changing settings, because of that deluge-bug mentioned in previous posts.

As I stated, had you checked that deluged not running with 'ps aux | grep deluge | grep -v grep' ? You stop deluged with 'sudo systemctl stop deluged' and start with 'sudo systemctl start deluged' right? Unless manjaro makes something weird with there package or system, then what you state seems rather far fetched honestly. Sorry cannot really help you more/better if still issues, as cannot reproduce myself.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Sorry, just wanted to add that I just edited the instructions in second previous post, at bottom, for changing to regular user, as the previous instructions where wrong, as remembered not fully correct I see, sorry, and tested it working with starting a download and it downloading fine in by default /home/user/Downloads. Also, start fresh first, by deleting '~/.config/deluge', with deluged stopped, which I also edited into previous post which you maybe not saw. Good luck :)

Edit: Btw, I too had a hard time getting downloads to work from default setup with deluge user - the default location is /srv/deluge/Downloads, and making that folder and making sure it has correct owner/group of deluge and 770 permissions, and even setting 777 and/or changing UMask to e.g. 000 or omited completelly, just in case, still download doesn't start and I did stop/start after each try, so cannot really help with standard setup sorry, as also never use that myself, so didn't even knew was this problematic honestly. The config folder is writable by daemon as it can edit configs from deluge-console non-interactive mode etc, so don't really understand this honestly. I recursively chown and chmod'ed as deluge:deluge and 777 to whole deluge user-dir and downwards to make sure, restarted daemon, with no effect??? Strange indeed. I started fresh for that test btw, and started deluge-console with 'sudo -u deluge deluge-console'. However atleast works for me when changing away from default dir and/or using other than deluge user, as I normally do.

Edit2: Scratch the above edit, as found the mistake - it wasen't any permission issue afterall, but a case of me having previously restored my '/etc/resolv.conf' file from a backup, and it had my own user as owner and didn't allow reads from non 'users' group-members and other non owners, so after fixing that up(root:root and 644 perms), then worked - I found issue by trying ping from deluge user, and after failed I tried pinging again but this time through direct IP instead of URL, which worked, and so knew was a namespace issue. Don't know why I didn't just test that initially, but was just convinced it was a permission issue, as usually is when stalls at 0% downloaded.