Can I transfer completed downloads to a new Deluge installation?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
saltedbread
New User
New User

Can I transfer completed downloads to a new Deluge installation?

Post by saltedbread »

I had Deluge running on Raspberry Pi. Multiple things got screwed up with Pi, one of which is the password no longer works to login to Deluge Web UI. I would like to just reinstall the OS.

My question is, can I transfer existing completed torrents to a new installation of Deluge? If so how? How can I reset the password? I had it stored in a password safe so not sure how this happened.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Can I transfer completed downloads to a new Deluge installation?

Post by shamael »

Yes you can. Simply copy the profile (.config/deluge) of Deluge daemon to the new location, keep the same paths, and take care about the ACL
The profile is located in the home folder of the user running the daemon

The password of the Web interface is by default "deluge". This is not linked to what you used in .config/deluge/auth
Some tricks are possible to get the web part back but if more than this issue is present go for the reinstall. Best is to not doing it on the same SD card to have a copy of all your need in case of.

PS: as Deluge is a per profile application, be sure to copy the right profile of the right user. Multiple ".config/deluge" can be found under different home folder if you launched the daemon with multiple user. The file timestamp in ".config/deluge/state" is a good confirmation
saltedbread
New User
New User

Post by saltedbread »

"The profile is located in the home folder of the user running the daemon" how do I find this?
I'm pretty new to this and tried cd ~ and nothing their has anything to do with Deluge
benba

Post by benba »

/home/<user>/.config/deluge
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

In addition to the good advice by shamael and benba above, then to answer your follow up question I'll just elaborate/rehash a little bit by simply copy/pasting a previous reply of mine, with a little extra appended:
With deluged running, check user it's running under with e.g. 'pgrep -l deluged', or 'ps aux | grep deluged', and find it's defined homedir path with e.g. 'echo ~foo', where 'foo' is the user-name previously found(so probably 'echo ~deluge', if user was 'deluge'). Last part(finding defined homedir path of a certain user) is because sometimes homedir path is not just "/home/<user>", but e.g "/srv/deluge" etc. Finally the deluge profile folder is under that path, with an appending ".config/deluge". You could also just refer to that folder on command-line, for e.g cd'ing into, or copying etc, as simply "~<user>/.config/deluge", so in the 'deluge' user example before used "~deluge/.config/deluge"