Unable to access deluge remotely using the windows client.

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
swayneswayne
New User
New User

Unable to access deluge remotely using the windows client.

Post by swayneswayne »

Hello

I am unable to access my deluge server using the windows client. I can verify that the server is set up and listening on the correct port when on the server. I am able to telnet to the port from my windows system. An nmap test also shows the port is open.

On my windows system when I try to connect the light just stays red it never turns green or even orange. Windows firewall is off and I do not have issues reaching the server over ssh or via http.

I am not sure if this is related but I also am unable to add torrents via the webui.

Let me know if any other command output would be useful.

Code: Select all

ss -tlpn | grep deluge
LISTEN   0         50                  0.0.0.0:8112             0.0.0.0:*        users:(("deluge-web",pid=714,fd=8))
LISTEN   0         50                  0.0.0.0:58846            0.0.0.0:*        users:(("deluged",pid=732,fd=35))
LISTEN   0         5                   0.0.0.0:59552            0.0.0.0:*        users:(("deluged",pid=732,fd=33))
LISTEN   0         5                      [::]:59552               [::]:*        users:(("deluged",pid=732,fd=12))

telnet <SERVER-IP> 58846
Trying <SERVER-IP>...
Connected to <SERVER-IP>.
Escape character is '^]'.

nmap -sV -p 58846 <SERVER-IP>

Host is up (0.081s latency).
PORT      STATE SERVICE     VERSION
58846/tcp open  ssl/unknown

shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Unable to access deluge remotely using the windows client.

Post by shamael »

Version? Daemon and windows client need to be on the same page (1.3.X or 2.X)
Is the remote access configured on the daemon, with a proper user? (see support section for how to)
swayneswayne
New User
New User

Post by swayneswayne »

Ok, there is a version mismatch. I did not notice that was needed. Since there is no 2.0 client for windows I suppose I will need to roll back my install on the linux server, run linux in a local VM or get the torrent add function working in the webui. I will open a new thread for that since its a separate issue though.

I may also try to run 2.0 with the windows linux subsystem. If that works I will post about it because I am sure someone else will run into this issue.

Thanks for the info.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

no need to rollback, valuable people on this forum take on their time viewtopic.php?f=12&t=55776 ;)