How do I log in from the think client into a deluge service

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
chribonn

How do I log in from the think client into a deluge service

Post by chribonn »

Hi,

I followed the guide at https://deluge.readthedocs.io/en/latest ... rvice.html to setup deluge as a serivce and all seems to be running well.

My problem is that I do not know how to log into the service from with the thin client. I found a suggestion to add

Code: Select all

echo "user:password:10" >> ~/.config/deluge/auth
but am not sure where auth file should reside given that I executed

Code: Select all

sudo adduser --system  --gecos "Deluge Service" --disabled-password --group --home /var/lib/deluge deluge

to create a passwordless user called deluge.

Thanks
mhertz

Re: How do I log in from the think client into a deluge service

Post by mhertz »

Here's the guide for thinclient: https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Use ... ThinClient (it's little outdated at places, and shows deluge as running under your local user, but just for inspiration)

That auth file should reside into '/var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge' . Also into the user account you're connecting from, I.e local user account I'm guessing, so ~/.config/deluge/auth. If connecting from outside localhost(so not same IP), then on computer with deluged running you enable remote connections, as per guide linked at top(e.g edit core.conf under '/var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge' and restart deluged ).

If something is unclear, just ask again.
chribonn

Post by chribonn »

Hi @mhertz,

Thanks a million for the document. My biggest challenge is that I started life with the GTK client running stand alone and later decided to move it to work with the service after I discovered that it was crashing.

It was a challenge and even though I managed to move to the service by manually reactivating the torrents. the solution is working.

What I need to do (in a few weeks time) is to see whether I can clean up. The folders for the torrents and the data are common between solutions but I probably have a lot of gunk under my account from when deluge was running stand alone.
justme2016
New User
New User

Post by justme2016 »

mhertz wrote:That auth file should reside into '/var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge' . Also into the user account you're connecting from, I.e local user account I'm guessing, so ~/.config/deluge/auth.
Awesome answer. It's like the missing key found nowhere else lol.. Thank you so much.