Deluge manual plugin install

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
GijsKe
New User
New User

Deluge manual plugin install

Post by GijsKe »

Dear Forum,

I'm running a Deluge plugin (v2.0.3) on my TrueNAS server and I'm extremely happy with how everything works! It's just that my download speed goes from 50 MiB/s to 1 MiB/s when switching to a proxy. I am using SOCKS5/auth with NordVPN.

This did not happen with something like qBittorrent, when the uTP protocol was disabled that is. Now, I want to disable this as well in Deluge, but I read that I need to install a 3rd party plugin to do so. I was looking at how to install ltConfig, but whatever I do I can't get it to show up in the webui.

I tried placing the .egg file in "\root\home\deluge\.config\deluge\plugins\", I tried placing the file in "root\home\deluge\.config\deluge\plugins\SELFMADE_FOLDER\",

I tried placing it in "\root\home\deluge\.python-eggs\",

Lastly, I tried making a new folder again, by placing the .egg in "\root\home\deluge\.python-eggs\SELFMADE_FOLDER\"

Someone even suggested to unpack the deluge-ltconfig-2.0.0.tar.gz file in "\root\home\deluge\.config\deluge\plugins\". And this did not work either. I read on the official page, that when plugins don't work after pasting them in the correct folder, it's usually a python issue. Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance!
mhertz

Re: Deluge manual plugin install

Post by mhertz »

You place the plugin into the plugins subfolder of deluge's profile-folder, and no subfolders or tarballs, just the *.egg plugin file itself.

Normally you often have to rename the plugin filename to match your installed python version, if not having that edition available for download, but in this case here, the plugin isn't named after the python version used, which simplifies it. It's here btw: https://github.com/ratanakvlun/deluge-l ... -2.0.0.egg

Then restart deluge and see if it appears in the webUI - I never tried that and only enable it from deluge-console, or edit core.conf directly, and only know for sure it atleast is available in GTK-UI to enable, as tried that before during some windows VM testing, I remember. If having deluge-console, and using deluged daemon, then you can see if it is seen from plugins subfolder with: 'deluge-console plugin --list'(the '-l' option collides with the logfile option and errors out as no filename given, so hence, I used the long version here, though can use the short one if specifically quoting the command/arguments themselves), enable it with 'deluge-console plugin -e ltConfig' and to check enabled plugins, then 'deluge-console plugin -s'.

I don't know if is the same in the webUI, but remember that simple enabled/disabled options(boolean options) couldn't be toggled from GTK-UI, but spacebar works for this though, so just a hint for when wanting to disable uTP, which is boolean options(there's two for uTP, in/out uTP).
GijsKe
New User
New User

Post by GijsKe »

Hi mhertz! Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it a lot. You were telling me about the plugins subfolder of deluge's profile-folder...this is "\root\home\deluge\.config\deluge\plugins\" in my case? I am sorry, I'm quite new to all of this. (Any OS other than windows that is).

I placed the *.egg file in there before and nothing showed up in the webUI. I grabbed the download from the exact link you gave me. From my understanding I do not have to rename the file?

Another issue, I don't know how to run any of the commands you provided...and again, I'm sorry I am so new to all of this. I have access to the webUI by going to http://MY_LOCAL_IP:8112/ and I have access to a shell by accessing the TrueNAS jail it is installed in. When I run 'deluge-console plugin --list' inside that shell, I get a message; password does not match.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

You're welcome and no prob :)

I honestly don't know anything about jails and/or trueNAS etc, but I just checked that ltconfig plugin can be seen, enabled and configured, fine in webUI, so i'm guessing you haven't restarted deluged and deluge-web afterwards moving the egg plugin file into the plugins folder, as else not picked up. Or reboot alternatively if easier.

I'm guessing that is correct location for plugins folder, but as said, don't in the know of jails sorry, but sounds like a deluge users config-dir, which seems correct, or atleast usually setup that way.

If at another time you wanted to use deluge-console, then you probably are running under another user-name/account than deluge, hence the password don't match error. You can then use a preceding 'sudo -u deluge' infront of that command, so e.g. 'sudo -u deluge deluge-console plugin --list', but regardless, you can just use the webUI to enable ltconfig, hopefully, if above suggestions work.

Edit: If still not working, then with deluge running, check user it's running under with e.g. 'pgrep -l deluged', or 'ps aux | grep deluged', and find it's defined homedir path with e.g. 'echo ~foo', where 'foo' is the user-name previously found(so probably 'echo ~deluge', if user was 'deluge'). Finally the plugins folder is under that path, with preceding '.config\deluge'.
GijsKe
New User
New User

Post by GijsKe »

I believe it's an issue within TrueNAS and the jail. |

I placed the file in the correct folder (my homepath was indeed correct), and restarted everything after, but no luck. I think the Deluge does not have access and it's probably a permission issue within TrueNAS. This makes it unsolvable withing Deluge :(.

Thanks for your help though! I will be asking someone who knows their stuff on TrueNAS.