Changing values in the Bandwidth popup.

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
drilla
New User
New User

Changing values in the Bandwidth popup.

Post by drilla »

Hi,
I've had a look in the forums and combed through the config files, but can't find an answer to this myself ...

When Deluge gui is running, you can set the bandwidth by clicking in the bottom bar. You get a popup with
5 kb/s
10 kb/s
30 kb/s
80 kb/s
xxx kb/s
(infinity/unlimited)

The figures 5,10,30 and 80 aren't useful to me (probably haven't been useful defaults since modems went out of fashion!), so to change the bandwidth I have to click on More, and type in a number, which is then displayed in the xxx kb/s slot. Or you can do the same thing in Preferences.

What would be much more useful to me is to be able to set some values instead of 5,10,30,80, so I could flip between them according to my circumstances. Is there a place I can do that? Some config file?

If there isn't, I'd like to suggest a couple of things.
1) Change the values to something more modern. eg 100kb/s 500kb/s 1000kb/s 5000kb/s
2) Automatically update these values so they are a percent of the maximum value. eg 10%, 30%, 50%, 80% so that setting a maximum value would give some reasonable alternatives.
drilla
New User
New User

Re: Changing values in the Bandwidth popup.

Post by drilla »

OK, I can now answer my own question. It seems these settings are now available in a config file. Maybe they were there before?
In Linux its in ~/.config/deluge/gtk3ui.conf
Make sure you stop deluge before editing it, otherwise you'll lose the changes. There are two sections you can edit, which are fairly self explanatory:

Code: Select all

"tray_download_speed_list": [
    ],
    "tray_upload_speed_list": [
    ],
Change these to your preferred values, save the file, and start deluge. I suspect this only works for deluge 2.x
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks for posting your solution.

I don't know if there's a gtkui.conf for deluge1, don't remember and didn't bother check, but if not then can change it in the code(like deluge2, but no need when drilla posted better fix, surviving updates) in 'deluge\ui\gtkui\gtkui.py':

Code: Select all

tray_download_speed_list" : [5.0, 10.0, 30.0, 80.0, 300.0],
"tray_upload_speed_list" : [5.0, 10.0, 30.0, 80.0, 300.0],
(original values above)

Edit: Just checked, and indeed deluge1 has a gtkui.conf(self.config = deluge.configmanager.ConfigManager("gtkui.conf", DEFAULT_PREFS)), so just use drilla's nice posted solution and disregard my noise :)
JustinHartm
New User
New User

Post by JustinHartm »

Thank you for posting your solution here, drilla. Setting the right value in this situation is very important. Suppose you checked if there are no conflicts with the latest Windows 11 update. For a long time, I've been using the professional Promolayer service that makes the proper popups for my websites, but I decided to shorten my expenses next year, so if I managed to make the popups without the help, it would be great. Any input would be really appreciated. Keep in mind that I'm a beginner in programming. Thank you for your reply in advance.