How do I automate torrent rechecking when a torrent is added?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Formula Juan

How do I automate torrent rechecking when a torrent is added?

Post by Formula Juan »

I download torrents that are updated with new files over the space of a few days. For those few days, the torrents have the exact same name and each new version of the torrent has all the files from previous version of the torrent, plus whatever new files have been added. The torrents themselves are added, categorized and have their download locations set automatically using a combination of the YaRSS2 and LabelPlus plugins. The problem I'm having is that when a newer version of the torrent is added, it starts re-downloading the older files which, due to the way my filesystem (ZFS) works, wastes a great deal of disk space.

Is there anyway to get deluge, or one of the available plugins, to automatically force a recheck when a new torrent is added (so that the new torrent sees the existing files from previous torrent versions)?

I thought that perhaps the Execute plugin might be the answer but I'm not sure how to use it or more to the point, what command and what syntax would need to be used.
Shryp

Re: How do I automate torrent rechecking when a torrent is added?

Post by Shryp »

Can you just have those torrents added in a paused state and manually recheck then start?